We've won 13 league titles in the last 20 seasons.

We've won 19 cups in the last 20 seasons.

highlighting our success over the last 20 years only covers up for our failure over the last eight years, which seems to be the topic of discussion at the moment.

All football teams have good days & bad days. Unfortunately, that day we had a bad day & they had a good one. Does nobody remember Scotland beating France in Paris? Despite the much debated team selection against Kaunas, the team that started in the second leg should have been able to beat them easily. They didn't. End of story.

your right on one point, we should have beaten them. But we were quickly appeased by a spending spree that could and should have taken place before the qualifying games. Gross mismanagement all round there but the large chunk of the blame has to lie with our manager who (a) thought his current squad was good enough and (b) misspent his transfer budget before the games.

It was widely known that with PLG we were getting a long-term transfer & team-building plan & that the process would take time, yet he wasn't given enough time or trust simply because going 17 points behind Celtic by January was deemed as unacceptable. His era lasted 6 months.

Even with a long term building plan you have to still compete to an extent. PLG wasnt doing that and the signs were that he wasnt going to get any better. You also have to remember that PLG walked, he wasnt shoved.

High quality 1st team SPL players transfer for a fraction of what we see similar quality players transferring for in the EPL, so it's of no surprise at all that SPL fringe players fetch very little if anything at all in the transfer market. If we get any reasonable return on fringe players it should be considered as a bonus especially when other SPL clubs can't afford the wages that the players are on at Rangers.

Fringe players have cost Rangers a fortune in recent years and moving them on has hindered our club drastically. PLGs payoff bill was 5 million alone. But Mr Bain has to take responsibility for this as his dealings in the transfer market in and out have been amatuerish at the best of times.

'Failure to be prudent with the profits from our most lucrative ever season & reduce the club's debt'

Dont think it really matters how you word it. we had the oppertunity after the clubs record making season to build solid foundations for the future. but now we find ourselves back in the mire we were in six years ago. not to the same level of debt but enough to cause as much concern for the welfare of the club.

Nobody seems to be carrying the can for the failure the second time round and the reasons have been widely discussed on this site. i would love to here our chairmans opinions on this.

Great article, Frankie.

We need those within the club and the fans' groups to put aside their agendas and find a way of working together. Egos need to be left at the door and sacrifices need to be made.

However I don't believe either side are willing to do that yet.

In my opinion, the ball is firmly at the feet of the club with this.

It was the club who set up The Assembly to counteract the radical RST - Murray needs to bin it. A statement of intent from the egotistic Mint would give indication that he does mean business and doing so would go a long way to improve relations.

So it's over to Minty.........

Am I optimistic of this happening? No.

The RST made it clear that the banner had nothing to do with them, even though I have my suspicions about that. The whole idea of unity with a constructive approach is excellent and should be applauded, as the true Rangers fan will be represented.

The banner didnt have anything to do with the RST mate. The boy got it made for 30 quid and did it off his own back. He's from Greenock. I dont know him personally but was told this by someone who does know him.

In my opinion, the ball is firmly at the feet of the club with this.

It was the club who set up The Assembly to counteract the radical RST - Murray needs to bin it. A statement of intent from the egotistic Mint would give indication that he does mean business and doing so would go a long way to improve relations.

So it's over to Minty.........

Am I optimistic of this happening? No.

i dont think our chairman thinks we are intellegent enough to communicate on his level. .

And even if he did you still have to communicate through some type of medium. I dont think you would be able to do that through any of the current mediums ie the RST and the RSA united or not.

Murray has to acknowledge the fans concerns as more than internet ramblings and come down to our level to communicate, but i just cant see this happening. Its a real stumbling block.

i dont think our chairman thinks we are intellegent enough to communicate on his level. .

And even if he did you still have to communicate through some type of medium. I dont think you would be able to do that through any of the current mediums ie the RST and the RSA united or not.

Murray has to acknowledge the fans concerns as more than internet ramblings and come down to our level to communicate, but i just cant see this happening. Its a real stumbling block.

Agreed, it's not as if we're Captain's of Industry though. :mad: He really is a...... :wanker:

As stated, Murray has to make the first move (preferably to the door with it hitting him on the head on the way out) as talks (I would ditch them now to be honest and start protesting at his office in Edinburgh) are non existent - well if they do exist someone's keeping the information to themselves because I haven't seen any information forthcoming from anyone; RST, RSA.....