What was missing last season? Like most people, I was frustrated by McLeish - I wanted to say he was a poor manager, but he did get the results. There was just something missing, though - and that something, hard as it was to articulate, seemed simply to be that we didn't enjoy the way Rangers played - even when they won. So what was missing?

Passing and moving. One touch passes. Movement off the ball. All variations on the same thing. Watching us play Middlesborough the other day, I began to see Rangers players playing football. It wasn't magnificent, but it was an infinitude better than all the football we played last season. At the end of the game I felt as if I had watched something worthwhile.

The La Guen revolution is as much a revolution of football philosophy as it is a changing of personell - and I, for one, am looking forward to seeing not only a winning, but a passing and moving side next season - I think that is the best way to get the most from good football players.

I can say i loved Big Eck as a manager.

I believed in him and he had my 100% backing as a manager .

But sometimes it's impossible and unfair for people , and i feel the players didn't seem to care.

Fighting between the club captain etc .

I blame the morale in the camp , and the willing to play for Mcleish .

What was missing last season? Like most people, I was frustrated by McLeish - I wanted to say he was a poor manager, but he did get the results. There was just something missing, though - and that something, hard as it was to articulate, seemed simply to be that we didn't enjoy the way Rangers played - even when they won. So what was missing?

Passing and moving. One touch passes. Movement off the ball. All variations on the same thing. Watching us play Middlesborough the other day, I began to see Rangers players playing football. It wasn't magnificent, but it was an infinitude better than all the football we played last season. At the end of the game I felt as if I had watched something worthwhile.

The La Guen revolution is as much a revolution of football philosophy as it is a changing of personell - and I, for one, am looking forward to seeing not only a winning, but a passing and moving side next season - I think that is the best way to get the most from good football players.

I know what you mean and I remember an interview with one of the players about training and he said they were working on passing and moving...

Our midfield is far more intricate than it was under Eck. Under Eck the players seemed to have 3 options: try (and fail) to thread a killer pass through too often, whack a meaningless long ball forward, or pass back to the defence.

Now, while there are *still* aspects of the latter 2 in our game, overall the standard has improved because there is less of them. The midfield is looking much more intelligent and thoughtful - if there's no way through that way, keep the ball and probe for another way through rather than trying to produce a Ronaldinho pass onto the toe of a striker.

aye, i know what you mean. it makes the poor results easier to get over when you know we're playing entertaining quality football. looking for the wonder pass all the time is fine if it comes off but it's just desperation mostly.

I can say i loved Big Eck as a manager.

I believed in him and he had my 100% backing as a manager .

But sometimes it's impossible and unfair for people , and i feel the players didn't seem to care.

Fighting between the club captain etc .

I blame the morale in the camp , and the willing to play for Mcleish .

Dunn, you have changed.

For the better I may add....

:thup: