Rangers 3 : 0 Falkirk - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Mendes, Novo and McGregor stand outs.

In a semi final the only concern is winning the game and after a dodgy opening spell, where McGregor made some cracking saves, it was never in doubt. Professional display from the team.

Many positives, though the defence must concentrate for the full 90 minutes.

Novo must retain his place.

Probably the same team should/will start at the weekend. Though Fleck has as much of a claim to the left mid spot as Naismith.

Novo was definitely stand out for me (from the bits I managed to see, and I'm one of the ones who thought he was better used as an 'impact' player :S

Wide open park at Hampden lets us use him better spinning into the channels....much easier to pick him out when he gets in behind defenders with wide open space to run into.

McGregor/Mendes/Novo star performers....McGregor looked very sharp last night.

Disappointed slightly with Bougherra again letting defenders run off him....the 1st save McGregor made was a carbon copy of the chance Falkirk got at Ibrox. We need to be switched on inside the 1st 15 mins...we are to lethargic at times.

Wide open park at Hampden lets us use him better spinning into the channels....much easier to pick him out when he gets in behind defenders with wide open space to run into.

It's always baffled me why Hampden appears much bigger than Ibrox, and if it actually is then why don't we try and make our pitch bigger? It has to be an advantage against most SPL teams.

Novo is a must for the remainder of the season - a true attack minded player with talent. He can score when playing upfront!

Ibrox used to be a lot wider IIRC but we narrowed it about 10 years ago. If you look at clips from the mid 90s its much wider.

That's why Miller's early season form was so good. His working of the channels and link up play were important to the team in terms of creating space for Boyd and any offensive midfielders.

Since December his movement has disappeared and it has affected his overall contribution. Possibly down to this injury he has but he may find it difficult to get back into the team if Novo can keep up that level of performance.

It's always baffled me why Hampden appears much bigger than Ibrox, and if it actually is then why don't we try and make our pitch bigger? It has to be an advantage against most SPL teams.

Hampden is 105x68m...Ibrox was 104x70m....not sure if its been shortened a bit after the new pitch work in the summer.

Hampden does always seem bigger....also Falkirk's system left a lot of space down the flanks last night.

Novo is a must for the remainder of the season - a true attack minded player with talent. He can score when playing upfront!

Ibrox used to be a lot wider IIRC but we narrowed it about 10 years ago. If you look at clips from the mid 90s its much wider.

Novo was 25 goals+ the 1 season he played up top with Dado from memory...he can do it if given a chance.

I'd always have a player like Novo up front in my side just because of how much he annoys defenders never giving them a minutes peace when he's not got the ball either.