RANGERS will never, ever leave Kris Boyd.

That�s why Kris Boyd could never leave Rangers.

The prolific Ibrox striker has a written contract until the summer of next year.

But his emotional ties to the club will last a lifetime.

That�s how he looks at it. How he wants it.

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish came calling during the January transfer window and the hitman could have joined the Championship club in the heart of England.

But it would have ripped the heart from him.

Today Boyd, 25, talks openly about the transfer which threatened to rock his world.

A deal which would have taken from him what he holds dearest � his beloved No9 Rangers shirt.

Ibrox chairman Sir David Murray left the striker shocked, stunned and GUTTED when he accepted a �£4million deal to sell him on.

But Boyd turned the move down flat � because he knew life at Rangers is as good as it gets.

He said: ââ?¬Å?I know there will be people out there questioning my ambition.

ââ?¬Å?Birmingham is a big club and could be in the Premiership next season. Thereââ?¬â?¢s no doubting that.

ââ?¬Å?But for me, if aiming to reach 100 goals for Rangers and playing every week with that No9 jersey on your back isnââ?¬â?¢t showing ambition then I donââ?¬â?¢t know what is. What people need to realise is that everything about me says Rangers.

ââ?¬Å?From when I was a kid growing up to right here and now. Nothing has changed.

ââ?¬Å?From my bedroom wallpaper and curtains to the tracksuit and jersey that I used to run about in ââ?¬â? it was always Rangers.

ââ?¬Å?Thatââ?¬â?¢s not something which changes overnight.

ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢m not going to wake up one morning and suddenly think the club doesnââ?¬â?¢t mean anything to me.

ââ?¬Å?It means everything. To give that up, for ANY club, would be difficult.

ââ?¬Å?I simply wasnââ?¬â?¢t willing to pack everything up, leave Ibrox and go play for another team.

ââ?¬Å?I grew up a fan and here I am wearing the No9 shirt. Why would I want to walk away from that? It wouldnââ?¬â?¢t have just been sad for me but also my friends and family, the people close to me.

ââ?¬Å?Everybody knows I have a good relationship with Alex McLeish and that will continue.

ââ?¬Å?He is the man who signed me for Rangers and Iââ?¬â?¢ll forever be indebted to him for that.

ââ?¬Å?Who knows, I might work under him again in the future.

ââ?¬Å?For me, heââ?¬â?¢s a great manager and someone who has always been very good to me.

ââ?¬Å?But I just had to turn down his offer. It wasnââ?¬â?¢t the right thing for me, joining Birmingham.ââ?¬Â

Advertisement

Boyd�s goals-per-games ratio makes him one of the most lethal and prolific strikers in Europe. But as far as he�s concerned life at Rangers is as good as it�s ever going to get for him.

He doesn�t expect the Premier League big guns to break down the Ibrox front door to sign him.

There�s only one way for Boyd�s career to go when he leaves Rangers � and that�s DOWN.

He added: ââ?¬Å?I just donââ?¬â?¢t think Iââ?¬â?¢ll move to another club the size of Rangers.

ââ?¬Å?I doubt very much that Iââ?¬â?¢ll have the top teams in the Premiership coming for me.

ââ?¬Å?If I ever leave itââ?¬â?¢s going to be to a smaller club.

ââ?¬Å?Quite simply there arenââ?¬â?¢t many better places for a player to play his football than Ibrox. Add to that the fact that I wear the No9 jersey and it is everything that I ever wished for.

ââ?¬Å?Itââ?¬â?¢s an honour for me pulling on that shirt.ââ?¬Â

It maybe explains why Boyd has had the full support of the Rangers fans throughout this troubled month.

AC Milan brought their biggest names to Ibrox on Wednesday for a glamour friendly.

But on a freezing cold night it wasn�t Ronaldinho, Kaka or even David Beckham who received the warmest of receptions.

It was Boyd.

He was cheered on to the pitch as a second half substitute with the striker as popular as he�s ever been.

But then the supporters have been vocal in their backing of their No9 since the moment that it looked like he could be on his way out.

At Hampden for the Co-op Insurance Cup semi-final with Falkirk last week there was a huge banner which read: ââ?¬Ë?No Boyd, no goals, no title (again).ââ?¬â?¢

The striker saw it � and he appreciated it � and now he wants to repay them in the only way he knows how.

Boyd added: ââ?¬Å?The fans have been brilliant.

ââ?¬Å?Every person Iââ?¬â?¢ve spoken to has been supportive of me.

ââ?¬Å?Not one person has given me a hard time. That means so much to me and I really want to pay them back.

ââ?¬Å?The only way I can do that is by scoring the goals which win them the title.

ââ?¬Å?I canââ?¬â?¢t imagine anything better than achieving that by the end of the season.

ââ?¬Å?Imagine Iââ?¬â?¢d left in January. How would I have felt looking at the boys winning the league and not being part of that.

ââ?¬Å?I would have been delighted for the club but gutted for myself. I couldnââ?¬â?¢t bear the thought of that.

ââ?¬Å?We won two domestic trophies last season but the one we really want is the championship.ââ?¬Â

But what happens after that?

Will Rangers still look to flog the family silver in the next transfer window.

Boyd fervently hopes that�s not the case.

In fact, he would love nothing more than to open talks with the club and sign an extension to his current deal.

He added: ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢ve stated that I want to stay with Rangers.

ââ?¬Å?If the club want to sit down and talk to me about a new deal that would be great.

ââ?¬Å?There is nothing I can do about that. Itââ?¬â?¢s all down to them in this case.

ââ?¬Å?All I can do is keep giving my all when I step out on to the park. Thatââ?¬â?¢s my goal.ââ?¬Â

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article2210739.ece

If he loves us that much he should be looking to improve his overall attitude and fitness.

Last Saturday his performance was abysmal and he must surely realise while his goals are vital he should be doing more for the team.

If he loves us that much he should be looking to improve his overall attitude and fitness.

Last Saturday his performance was abysmal and he must surely realise while his goals are vital he should be doing more for the team.

Booooooooooooooo, the guy is only being honest, and if you really expect Boyd to get better then I think you are in for a long wait :rfc:

Hey, I'm happy with what he says and I think he has improved this season in actual fact.

However, I maintain that if he's big a fan as he says he is, then his attitude should be a lot better.

:flipa:

Hey, I'm happy with what he says and I think he has improved this season in actual fact.

However, I maintain that if he's big a fan as he says he is, then his attitude should be a lot better.

:flipa:

As I said, what you see is what you get Frankie :)

Yip along with his first touch and heading!

Words can sound big but he looks sulky and thinks he should be auto pick in games.

Yip along with his first touch and heading!

Words can sound big but he looks sulky and thinks he should be auto pick in games.

I can't agree with this.

Maybe it would have been better if Boyd had gone. Again I will repeat, what you see is what you get, if he was any better then I suspect it would have been someone other than Birmingham who came in for him, accept him for what he is :rfc:

I can't agree with this.

Maybe it would have been better if Boyd had gone. Again I will repeat, what you see is what you get, if he was any better then I suspect it would have been someone other than Birmingham who came in for him, accept him for what he is :rfc:

But then the team will suffer if he doesnt improve. Sorry but i support Rangers more than Boyd and his game doesnt do us much favours so he should be looking to improve what he can

I love Boyd threads

:)

But then the team will suffer if he doesnt improve. Sorry but i support Rangers more than Boyd and his game doesnt do us much favours so he should be looking to improve what he can

I love Boyd threads

:)

The last thing I want to start is another Boyd thread.........although it looks like that is what I have done !!!!.

All I am saying is,he could have gone in the transfer window, he didn't so accept the fact he is still here and hope he continues to score goals for Rangers,the team he loves, and don't expect him to do things that everybody knows he can't. :rfc: