Rangers 0 : 0 Celtic - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Agree that Mendes was our worst player and just can't get into such a physical game. I remember Papac showing an excellent piece of close control to beat two Celtic players on the left in his own half, before laying off the ball to Mendes. The Portuguese midfielder then dawdled on the ball, was immediately muscled off it and Celtic were on the attack again.

I also agree about Fleck and was hoping for more from him. It does make a mockery of all the "if you're good enough, you're old enough" clich�©s, and shows that you need to take care of younger players unitl they have the experience to cope with everything that is thrown at them. However, I'm sure the experience will have been a good part of his education.

Bougherra does seem to be improving with every game lately and is becoming more and more an attacking threat for us as his confident going forward increases. Definite candidate for MOM.

Davis was also showing Barry what kind of passion and energy you need to throw into such a match as our captain just seems to have forgotten. The more I see Fergie, the more I think he's got little left to give.

Yeah, difficult to criticise Fleck too much. He didn't get a great deal of service in the first half and was taken off before we really started to commit men forward.

The experience will do him the world of good though and that won't be his last Old Firm game I'm sure.

I also agree about Fleck and was hoping for more from him. It does make a mockery of all the "if you're good enough, you're old enough" clich�©s, and shows that you need to take care of younger players unitl they have the experience to cope with everything that is thrown at them. However, I'm sure the experience will have been a good part of his education.

Fleck had an average game as did Ferguson (I'd even go as far as saying Ferguson was our worst player), Mendes, Lafferty and McCulloch. Where's the difference?

It goes to show that experience has nothing to do with it. Ferguson, Mendes and McCulloch have bag of big match experience yet they were all poor.

Age has nothing to do with it!

Maybe not age but experience does and for Fleck it showed. I'm sure he'll get far better in OF games as he plays in more of them - or do you think that's as good as he gets as time is meaningless?

Mendes although older, is also lacking in experience for this kind of game and that really showed.

Ferguson is an unfair comparison as the guy seems to have lost his mojo - and age ironically is probably a huge factor. He's just not aged well as a footballer.

I thought McCulloch showed much more composure in the game than Fleck and yet his ability is questioned on here while Fleck's is unquestionable. How do you explain that?

What's the chances on Fleck improving with *age*? I would say pretty good, which is strange if it's an irrelevant factor...

I'm not talking about Flecks potential to (hopefully) become a great for us, I'm talking about yesterdays performances.

So just because Gergie has lost his "mojo" or whatever you want to call it, the comparison becomes invalid? Explain.

So what do you think is the correct age to give a young player experience in big games, 20, 24, 28, 32??????

I do believe the age old cliche, if you're good enough you're old enough. We had another young player in the squad yesterday, Aaron who was probably sent to Rangers from Valencia hoping to get big game experience. His coaches at Valencia probably wanted that too.

While WS is in charge our club motto should be changed from "Ready" to "Ready, but only if you have experience!"

I thought McCulloch showed much more composure in the game than Fleck and yet his ability is questioned on here while Fleck's is unquestionable. How do you explain that?

Composure and ability are two different aspects, i'd measure ability on being able to create and being technically good, McCulloch sadly doesnt score well against Fleck in this respect.

Fleck will learn in time to deal with games like this, he needed to play yesterday. His ability is not unquestionable, but in the 4 or 5 games he has played this season, he has shown more guille in his attacking play than most of those who have played wide left before him, McCulloch included, thats how i would explain it anyway.

Went for Davis. Bougy had a good game but was pretty wasteful with his end product in a couple of his forays up the park. Davis looked like he wanted to play more positively than perhaps Smith had told him to, and went through Celtic's midfield with apparent ease all second half.