walters negativity and the effects on the players

I like to play poker. Not for bags of money, just a couple of quid. But wether your a high roller or just playing for small change the principles are just the same.

Im no superstar either. I can though read a game and see whats going on and generally can tell when the best time to put my chips in. Ill wait till i get a good hand or identify when my opponent is weak and use that to my advantage.

But if i dont do anything one thing will happen. My chips will slowly dwindle as the blinds go round the table and go up as time goes on and ill be left with nothing.

Basically if you dont put my chips in the pot you wont win. You have to at some point take a chance. you have to bully your opponents on the table and let them know whos boss.

Yesterday was the Ideal time for Walter Smith throw his chips into the pot and show his hand to our bitter rivals on the other side of the city. It was time to show them whos boss, to up the stakes and let thm know we meant business. Our bitter rivals have been showing weakness for quite some time now and we should have been taking advantage of the situation.

But we didnt.

Instead we opted to half the pot when we did in fact hold the better cards. We were weak when we should have been strong. and let our opponents live to play another hand into the bargain.

and that is a dangerous game to play. you wont get the oppertunity to dispose of you oponents all that often so when the opertunity arrives you have to take it with both hands.

Walter Smith is playing a very dangerous game. his over causiousness borders on gutless when we should be stepping up to the plate and stating our intent. He opts for saftey when we should be showing tact and guile leaving a side void of skill and imagination.

But the real price is being paid by the players and you have ask what effect Walters negative tactics have on them. When you ask a player to continually play in the defensive mode that Smith so much desires for so long it must surely affect his ability and style in the long term.

Basically I believe Smith is draining the life out of our players. guy like Whittaker, Beadsley, McCulloch etc came and were pretty decent players who looked to be good prospects but over time their form has deteriorated to nothing. Even ferguson seems to be suffering too.

There are just far too many off form player at Ibrox at the minute and for me it is no coincidence. you dont get so many players turning bad for no reason. I blame Smith and his negativety.

nobody shines in our team anymore. There are no standouts. nobody catches the eye. nobody flourishes.

What future lies for the likes of fleck in Walters tacticle nightmare? If our first team players are being dragged into the myre by our manger what chance in hell do our kids have? How are they going to expand their game and realise their potential in the current setup?

The truth is they wont, and that is the most worring thing of all.

Mendez is a good example. He came with a flourish but has just about settled down into mediocrity.

You've got to buy a ticket in order to win.

Fortune favours the brave.

Who dares wins. ( copyright S A S and Del Boy Trotter )

Etc Etc Etc. I'm sure there a million more analagies.

I believe WS is making a bigger gamble by not taking them now. Instead he is hoping other teams take points from them and meanwhile he is suggesting to our players that they are simply incapable of taking them on head to head.