Setting the Standard: Redeveloping RSC Links with the Club

Guest BlueIsTheColour
Firstly, on your point re Murray. That is of course a bit part of the problem with the current way of thinking at the club. DM thinks supporters are a total nuisance, and RSC's probably the worst of the lot (apart from the RST of course). This thinking has to change. Yes there are still some buses who leave far too early and get too tanked up, fine if you can handle it but we all know that is not always the case, especially with the younger bears, and it is those same ones that always seem to forget what songs are "acceptable" these days! The tarring with the same brush effect is certainly in use here.

As for a fighting fund for RSC's, that is part of what I was meaning in my article when I mentioned the annual fundraiser. With the club's help, each RSC could run an event with the proceeds split between the club and the RSC. If the club donated some prizes (signed shirt, pair of tickets etc) for a raffle/auction at the event, the event could surely raise enough for both aprties to get a worthwhile turn out of it. I am sure your RSC already does some fundraisers throughout the season, so therefore I am sure you could see the benefit of getting some prizes donated by the club, and perhaps a player appearance for a photoshoot with our latest trophy.

The current thinking is poles apart from where it should be, and I am not sure if there is the will to change at the moment if I am being honest, but that is not to say we just shrug our shoulders and do nothing.

That is what i was getting at mate, Murray doesn't like the ideas of organised RSCs as he knows for a fact that some will leave early in order to have a few drinks before the game. And like you say, some of the lads in my age group get a little carried away. I can't speak for all RSCs here but on our bus the older or more sensible guys try and keep an eye on everyone and ensure that nobody is acting in a way which could harm ourselves or Rangers Football Club. Murray doesn't look deep enough to see this though, he doesn't understand the ins and outs of being in a RSC and therefore that uncertainty leads to us being the scapegoats.

Yes, my RSC is having a race night in March to raise funds. I think we have managed to get a signed top and one of the under 21s are going to come along and present it to the winner. Hoping this will enable us to buy a new set of t-shirts for members, our funds dictated that we couldn't produce our usual set at the beginning of this season.

Agreed.

Good luck with the race night.

And under the terms set out in the OP, your signed shirt wouldn't have had to have been someone doing you a favour, but actually donated by the club with their thanks for your support, together with a pair of Bar72 tickets or a special edition print of the stadium. Surely that would sell a lot more raffle tickets.

Guest BlueIsTheColour
Agreed.

Good luck with the race night.

And under the terms set out in the OP, your signed shirt wouldn't have had to have been someone doing you a favour, but actually donated by the club with their thanks for your support, together with a pair of Bar72 tickets or a special edition print of the stadium. Surely that would sell a lot more raffle tickets.

Absolutely. The only reason we got the signed shirt was being a family connection between one of our members and a Rangers youth player. But like you say, we shouldn't need to rely on favours when in the past Rangers were only too willing to send players and officials to RSC events.

The stipulations you have outlined would have certainly sold more raffle tickets. It is certainly a good idea for the future if the club are willing to embrace it.