Setting the Standard: Selling Rangers to the World

The run-up to Manchester was proof positive of the abject incompetence of Rangers and their marketing department, if it even exists. I am sure I wasn't alone in May 2008 in searching high and low for a Rangers shirt to take to Manchester with little success. I eventually had to search for one two sizes too big - the only one in the store. A shambles. The club could literally have made millions more from shirts alone during those days and weeks before Manchester.

I agree with the sentiment re our marketing department. Not sure though that the club could have made millions from solely Manchester sales. JJB would have received the majority of any such profits I would presume.

But our organisation is a shambles, of that there is no doubt.

It often times looks like we are outsourcing things because the club realise they are actually SHIT at trying to do them themselves.

I agree with the sentiment re our marketing department. Not sure though that the club could have made millions from solely Manchester sales. JJB would have received the majority of any such profits I would presume.

But our organisation is a shambles, of that there is no doubt.

It often times looks like we are outsourcing things because the club realise they are actually SHIT at trying to do them themselves.

I doubt if we have anything like a marketing department, at least not one that actually gets involved in marketing anything, at least not marketing that anyone else would recognise as marketing.:)

The JJB deal simply replaced one selling platform with another but neither had anything remotely to do with marketing.

While the execution of the deal by JJB has been abysmal the concept of the deal was in hindsight, incredibly prudent by Rangers. We have money up front and a guaranteed income while entering a pretty big recession which is severely affecting the retail sector.

Even if JJB go bust, we keep the initial payment and the retailing rights default back to us. the board have already voiced their disappointment of JJB's marketing but I can't see how they can interfere with the management of a retail organisation.

I can't see why JJB would cap sales to prevent the bonus payments, as surely they are a small proportion of the extra sales and so JJB would obviously still make an increased profit and so it would not benefit them to restrict this.