Wee Tactical Changes-Huge Difference.

One game and already you can see what a difference it's made to us as a team, having a manager who demands the game be played at an aggressive high tempo.

Simple little things that IMO has improved us and will continue to do so as we grow and gel as a squad.

Centre Backs:Held a nice high line and distributed from the halfway line instead of their own 18 yrd line.

Full Backs:Really aggressive, spent more time in opposition half than their own. Linked really well with the midfield and allowed Charlie and Sionko to support the frontmen as much as possible and work the channels.

Midfield:Middle of midfield went toe to toe with opposition. Never allowing them to push them back so that they were sitting on top of their centre halves. Wide men gave great support to the full backs in defence, never allowing them to get isolated. In the final third they were allowed to express themselves with and without the ball. Popping up all along the M'well back line, therefore giving us much more offensive options.

Front Men: Didn't have to drop deep or work the channels as much. Simply because the full backs and wide men were doing it, allowing them to concentrate on the 18 yrd box and getting into better goal scoring positions.

All in all, a 1000 times better than the majority of last season.

Also, with top players to come back and maybe a signing or two(hopefully)we should only get better.

BRING IT ON........PLG YOUR THE MAN and WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

Lets remember that under the previous manager, we initially played some fatastic football - with players like Mols, De Boer, Lovenkrands, Ferguson, Cannigia etc. In fact, AM's record of a double when he took over from DA and a treble in his first full season will take some beating / matching.

The PLG era is off to a fantastic start, but the season is only 1 game old - all the early signs are encouraging and of we continue to perform as we did for the first 30 minutes then we can take great heart and with a bit of improvement we can expect fantastic achievements.

However, I'll stress that it is far to early to make predications of what PLG's reign will hold for us - lets not forget the even the greatest managers in the world will suffer set backs and their teams will suffer defeats etc.

Cammy F

And our FBs were continuously overlapping yesterday - the joys of it!!! Something I love seeing.

Don't get me wrong here, if we drew 1-1 yesterday I'd have been disappointed but you got the feeling that we were heading in the right direction. Created so many chances, held the ball well, tackled hard, looked confident and the player with the ball seemed to know where other players would be making runs too without looking. Ok, there were a few shit passes but it's early days yet and a HUGE improvement from last season and the season before and the season before and the season before.

Burke, Fergie and Bpyd all to come back and make the squad stronger and maybe Sebo too. Things are definately looking up and I cannot wait until Saturday now.

Lets remember that under the previous manager, we initially played some fatastic football - with players like Mols, De Boer, Lovenkrands, Ferguson, Cannigia etc. In fact, AM's record of a double when he took over from DA and a treble in his first full season will take some beating / matching.

However, I'll stress that it is far to early to make predications of what PLG's reign will hold for us - lets not forget the even the greatest managers in the world will suffer set backs and their teams will suffer defeats etc.

Cammy F

Yesterday must've filled you with excitement though Cammy and what an improvement in the standard of football we played.

Guest davierfc

it was great to see the team actually building from the back yesterday and passing the ball about with great confidence unlike the big eck years when we punted the ball route 1 :D

The PLG era is off to a fantastic start, but the season is only 1 game old - all the early signs are encouraging and of we continue to perform as we did for the first 30 minutes then we can take great heart and with a bit of improvement we can expect fantastic achievements.

Cammy F

I agree Cammy. After the disappointment of last season, tactically as much as anything. It's good to see us, away from home especially, being aggressive and taking the game to an inferior team and not allowing ourselves to be bullied and not flapping when we lose a goal.

Sticking with our game plan(if there was any) is something that very rarely happened last season.

I know that there will be ups and downs and that it's gonna be long hard season. It's just nice to see us playing with our chins up and moving in the right direction.

nokiss(jimi)

Yesterday must've filled you with excitement though Cammy and what an improvement in the standard of football we played.

Hugely excited about this season, but don't want to get over optimistic as like I said, the AM and DA era's got off to a blistering start and look where we ended up.

Not saying that the PLG era will end like the last two, but football is a funny business - lets just hope we have learned from our mistakes and that we can enjoy PLG's brand of football, hope that it is successful and hope that all the other 'problems' can also be addressed.

Cammy F

The only downsides to our performance were:

1: The time it took Clement to get up to speed with the game. He wasn't at the races in the first half at all.

2: The fact we still resorted to punted balls from deep inside our own half, particularly from Svensson and Rod. This wasn't as frequent as it had been, but it was still ugly although one such punt did put Buffel clean through.

The only downsides to our performance were:

1: The time it took Clement to get up to speed with the game. He wasn't at the races in the first half at all.

2: The fact we still resorted to punted balls from deep inside our own half, particularly from Svensson and Rod. This wasn't as frequent as it had been, but it was still ugly although one such punt did put Buffel clean through.

I think there is a big difference between punting the ball most of the time and doing it now and again. If you always play the ball on the deck you can get predictable, it's good to mix it up and try to catch the defence off guard.

For example in doubles badminton, most of the serves are short as it's easy to smash a long one, but you get drawn in by repeated short serves and then you can be taken totally by surprise by a long one.

I think it's good to have a large repertoire of moves - although some, like the long ball, should probably be used sparingly.

I was delighted with the system on Sunday.

Thought Dado was a bit isolated at times but generally everything worked pretty well and nokiss has his analysis spot on.

There were a few long balls but as long as this doesn't dominate our game then as cal said it's better to mix it up somewhat.

All in all, lots to get excited about and I can't wait for Saturday.