I'm another one who's glad he's stayin'.

It's gonna be interesting how Le Gaffer views him, in regards to the team/squad. IMO I don't think he'll play much in midfield, unless we're struggling with injuries and suspensions.

I'm no fan of Fernando at right back, but there's one thing that he's better than Hutton at in that position and that's going forward. He's a better passer and can cross a decent ball.

Hutton did have a decent game on sunday, but with PLG being big on getting his full backs pushed on and being heavily involved offensively. I think Ricksen may get the nod.

nokiss(jimi)

Am i the only one who rates Hutton or is at least willing to give him a chance. He is still a young guy and has lots to learn but i dont think he deserves to be binned.

He has been rusty of late but i think we should get behind him. Hes a good scottish prospect also. When he first started playing well, he was talked about the same way Smith is talked about just now. If Smith goes through a bad spell, are we going to turn on him??

Young players tend to play well in patches and they learn from their bad spells. I think we should stick with Hutton at right back, Ricksen's had his chance

Am i the only one who rates Hutton or is at least willing to give him a chance. He is still a young guy and has lots to learn but i dont think he deserves to be binned.

He has been rusty of late but i think we should get behind him. Hes a good scottish prospect also. When he first started playing well, he was talked about the same way Smith is talked about just now. If Smith goes through a bad spell, are we going to turn on him??

Young players tend to play well in patches and they learn from their bad spells. I think we should stick with Hutton at right back, Ricksen's had his chance

I tend to agree with you and hope he finds the form he had pre injury

Hopefully PLG will bring out the best in him. At the moment there isnt too many alternatives and most are saying he was OK yesterday.

Most on here will have seen a lot more than me though and may be able to give a better opinion

I think he done alright on sunday. I think we let him keep his place with ricksen as cover for right back and midfield

I must have been watching a different game then - he was caught out of position many times with Svensson having to come out of the middle to cover him.

His injury has also seen him 'shy' out of tackles and he either gets 'to tight' or not tight enough against players - so he is either easily turned or 'passed out' the game.

He has shown that he has ability, but so did Mo Ross and at the moment Hutton is going down the same route as Mo Ross. I hope that he can rediscover his form, but we can not have passengers in the team and IMO the clock is ticking on young Hutton.

Cammy F

I must have been watching a different game then - he was caught out of position many times with Svensson having to come out of the middle to cover him.

His injury has also seen him 'shy' out of tackles and he either gets 'to tight' or not tight enough against players - so he is either easily turned or 'passed out' the game.

He has shown that he has ability, but so did Mo Ross and at the moment Hutton is going down the same route as Mo Ross. I hope that he can rediscover his form, but we can not have passengers in the team and IMO the clock is ticking on young Hutton.

Cammy F

Was Ross's deterioration not down partly to alcohol, many a night i seen him in the garage wrecked. Hutton was our worst player but i didnt think he was totally garbage. On his day, he is a fine right back who is good in the air and solid in the tackle.

I do agree with both our fullbacks positional awareness. Both Smith and Hutton got caught out of position last season and hopefully PLG can work with them on this.

You very rarely get a complete player in guys this young, give them time

Don't get me wrong. I think Hutton is a decent player with plenty of potential with the added bonuses of being a bluenose and scottish.

I think one of the reasons he played so well on sunday is because of the way PLG sent the team out to play. We were aggressive right from the off. Pushing them back, therefore allowing our full backs to get up the park and support the midfield. Making them defend instead of the other way around.

The more we dictate to teams, the less pressure will be on our defence. Giving our full backs much more freedom to get involved offensively.

I think he'll improve a lot under PLG. :)