A team that is worth watching i full expect the atmosphere at Ibrox to to take a much needed turn for the better. Critics argue that the banning of sectarian chants and all will kill off any atmosphere at our stadium but this couldnt be further from the truth. The real reason Ibrox has been like a morgue is down to the fact that the quality of football over the last couple of seasons has totally abysmal. Think about it. when was the last time you sat on the edge of you seat buzzing with anticipation and the adrenalin flowing through your viens? Answers on a post card please. The truth is weve all been sitting with our heads in our hands in our hands watching the games through our fingers for as long as i remember. Even when we did get a result under Mcleish the football wasnt pretty. But that time is gone and weve served our sentence and it looks like the good times are gonna roll again. Let them, I say because we the supporters deserve them.

I agree mate.

Some songs and the words added to them can be debated but there's no doubt without a team performing well and some exciting football the atmosphere has suffered anyway.

There are a few new songs on the go and if we can promote these along with self-policing the contested ones then not only can we have a new team to be proud of but (over time) a modern support which cannot be challenged for the songs they sing.

After hearing, the banned song, at the weekend, a few second later it was followed up by 'PLG's Blue Army'.

It was good to hear that being belted out.

It would be good if we could drown out the one we're not supposed to sing until these people stop and realise there are other song which can be just as meaningful and important to the team and club.

With the introduction of Wolverhampton Town on Saturday, it looks like the club are at long last, trying to reintroduce real Rangers songs (I wonder how many will be caught out with the 'theres not a team like the Glasgow Rangers' line:) ) . I long for the day where we are singing songs like The Blue Sea Of Ibrox, Every Other Saturday, The Rangers Chorus, The Famous Glasgow Rangers, Rangers Over Here, It's Rangers For Me, Wolverhampton Town etc all game rather than 'orange tunes'....

Cammy F

It is a good move that the club are going to play the likes of Wolverhampton town.

One thing they need to do is make the versions they play "catchy" so the crowd can join in. A few versions of songs in the past have all been at different speeds etc so its hard to the crown to all join in.

What we should really do is record the fans singing Rangers songs with proper rangers words and belt that out over the tannoy - the atmosphere would be great even if nobody joined in :D

It won't disappear overnight. This kind of thing takes time and UEFA/SPL/SFA realise that.

The directive has certain stipulations attached to it. At the minute the club are trying to follow these in order to remove the offending words/chants while working behind the scenes to contest the main thrust of the directive.

If we can show a real improvement over the next few months, then it will be easier to go back to UEFA and ay the song shouldn't be banned but the offending words changed to something more palatable. That is certainly achieveable IMO.

I noticed the Billy Boys song early on at the weekend and apparently the SPL advisor did as well...

Yep, read that too

It won't vanish overnight, but some of the morons who follow our team to away games need to have a good look at themselves ... they are spoiling things for the majority. It will be easier to eradicate at Ibrox, but not so easy at away games :mad: