the famine song has a very catchy tune. i think most people who think about it reasonably can't really disagree with the sentiments of the song, even if people go a little nuts about the form.

for a laugh i think we should have a re-writing-of-the-famine-song competition with two rules. the first is that it has to try and make the same point, and the second is that it must be able to be sung to the same tune.

the winner gets an all expenses day out paid to the high court to be prosecuted for racism.

my entry:

if there's one thing i know

is that all the timmy hordes

must love being british

or else they'd surely go home

so go on home

go on home

pay back your british giros

get on the boat, and go home.

:cheers: :whistle: :box: :devil:

Why Don't you go home,

Why Don't you go home

If you don't love Britain

Why Don't you go home

God Save Our Queen

God Save Your Queen (need to extend the Queeeeeeen)

Long may she reign over us

God Save Our Queen

Cammy F

Not bad... Certainly the tune can't be racist any more given they were asking Warren Feeney to go home on Sunday.

:D

I haven't read the papers or seen the news this week, but I'm sure that having sung "Warren Feeney you're only a hun" and "sad orange bastard" with regard to Walter Smith, the Celtic fans were mentioned in every newspaper, were the lead story on yesterday's Reporting Scotland, the SPL match observer mentioned their sectarian singing in his match report, and that the SPL and SFA are currently investigating.

I haven't read the papers or seen the news this week, but I'm sure that having sung "Warren Feeney you're only a hun" and "sad orange bastard" with regard to Walter Smith, the Celtic fans were mentioned in every newspaper, were the lead story on yesterday's Reporting Scotland, the SPL match observer mentioned their sectarian singing in his match report, and that the SPL and SFA are currently investigating.

The song was ;

'We Know you're a hun, we know you're a hun,

Warren Feeney, we know you're a hun'..

And as you say, the old Sad Orange Bastard was given another airing....

Cammy F

Don't be silly..............it's only the big bad Rangers fans that are bigoted racists :(