Paul Gascoigne revealed to Setanta Sports News that Jose Mourinho has offered to take him under his wing in order to help him earn a coaching role at Rangers.

Gascoigne is currently halfway through earning his ââ?¬Ë?Bââ?¬â?¢ badges in coaching, and he has been offered the help of some of the best coaches in Europe ââ?¬â?? including Mourinho and Sir Alex Ferguson.

The former England talisman admits he would love to get back involved with Glasgow Rangers Football Club, particularly under the eye of Walter Smith, but he admits he has to prove himself before getting a chance at Ibrox.

ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢m working through the ââ?¬Ë?Bââ?¬â?¢ badge at the current time,ââ?¬Â he told Setanta Sports News.

ââ?¬Å?The PFA have offered their help, Sir Alex Ferguson has offered his help. Jose Mourinho has asked me to come over to Milan to work with him and look at the way they work.

ââ?¬Å?I have some of my own ideas as well though.ââ?¬Â

Focusing more on his intention to get involved at Rangers, Gascoigne revealed the final decision will be left with Smith, and the England man is quite willing to prove to him that he is up to the job.

ââ?¬Å?The main man with David Murray is Walter Smith. Walter wants me to do well in all parts of my life, but with Walter youââ?¬â?¢ve got to be spot-on.

ââ?¬Å?Heââ?¬â?¢s a perfectionist, so am I, but I need to be right on it before anything happens.

ââ?¬Å?Rangers is such an unbelievable club. I left Rangers too early, but I left Rangers because Walter Smith left.ââ?¬Â

Gascoigne hopes he will not be judged by his woeful reign at Kettering, when he insists he clearly was not in the right frame of mind to run a football club.

ââ?¬Å?I wasnââ?¬â?¢t right at that time, I wasnââ?¬â?¢t a coach or a manager. I did have a drink. I wasnââ?¬â?¢t right, I admit that.

ââ?¬Å?But I am right now. I have my own style of football that is different from most other managers.

ââ?¬Å?Letââ?¬â?¢s hope results go my way if I get another job, because you look at the likes of Tony Adams and Paul Ince, who took on big jobs and then get sacked. I donââ?¬â?¢t know why they got sacked.ââ?¬Â

ââ?¬Å?The main man with David Murray is Walter Smith. Walter wants me to do well in all parts of my life, but with Walter youââ?¬â?¢ve got to be spot-on.

ââ?¬Å?Heââ?¬â?¢s a perfectionist, so am I, but I need to be right on it before anything happens.

He's certainly perfcted the art of being shite!

He's certainly perfcted the art of being shite!

Now, now! Whatever we think of Walter he must have something going for him as Gazza has always rated him (the real Gazza, I mean not Gazza 8!).

Be honest, would you not like to see a legend involved at Rangers in some way?

Now, now! Whatever we think of Walter he must have something going for him as Gazza has always rated him (the real Gazza, I mean not Gazza 8!).

Be honest, would you not like to see a legend involved at Rangers in some way?

I'd love it mate, absolutely love it.

That story doesnt make sense.

The best coaches in europe are prepared to give Gazza a coaching sucondment in order that he ends up at Rangers!!!

No disrespect to us, but in my harsh opinion if Inter Milan and Man Utd are getting nothing out of this deal then i cant see it happenening.

Those big greedy teams only make deals in their own interests.:(

That story doesnt make sense.

The best coaches in europe are prepared to give Gazza a coaching sucondment in order that he ends up at Rangers!!!

No disrespect to us, but in my harsh opinion if Inter Milan and Man Utd are getting nothing out of this deal then i cant see it happenening.

Those big greedy teams only make deals in their own interests.:(

It could be that they want to help a guy who gave the game so much but looked like heading down the "George Best" route.

It could be that they want to help a guy who gave the game so much but looked like heading down the "George Best" route.

Yeh, think it's a case of not doing this for selfish reasons.

Doing it for their love of the game and the pleasure they got from watching an incredible footballer. Trying to help him and prevent him from doing himself any more harm.