Breaking News: Ferguson Transfer Listed and McGregor suspended

Both players have been made scapegoats by our spineless manager and the board who are looking for a reason to sell get them off the wage bill.

They might be damaged goods after today , but both have a good reputation down south and managers will take advantage of our current situation and offer buttons for both players as they know Rangers want to sell how that benifits our club i dont know ?

This was an International matter and was handled by the International Manager.

Barry and McGregor were booed by the Tartan Army ther own fans how would you feel ??? , it was childish and unproffesional but surely Rangers could have kept it in-house and had a talking too to both players or punish them rather than airing our dirty washing for all too see making us a laughing stock all over Britain.

Stripping Ferguson of the Captaincy is Very Harsh in my opinion.

Well done Walter another Masterstroke.

Barry and McGregor were booed by the Tartan Army ther own fans how would you feel ??? , it was childish and unproffesional but surely Rangers could have kept it in-house and had a talking too to both players or punish them rather than airing our dirty washing for all too see making us a laughing stock all over Britain.

Fans backing their manager and team over a couple of individual players. Like most woudl advocate for Rangers.

Agree with the rest though, pretty much.

Fans backing their manager and team over a couple of individual players. Like most woudl advocate for Rangers.

Agree with the rest though, pretty much.

The truth is though, none of the Scotland fans want Rangers players in the team,unless they are Rangers fans, long before this weeks events this has been the case

RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB announced today it has suspended Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor following an internal club inquiry into the players' conduct over the last week while on international duty with Scotland.Barry Ferguson, Scotland

Martin Bain, Chief Executive of Rangers, said the players have been suspended without pay for two weeks, the maximum sanction permitted under the guidelines governing players' conduct.

Ferguson and McGregor were called to a meeting with Martin Bain at Murray Park this afternoon and were informed of the action being taken by the Club.

Martin Bain said: "The overall conduct of the players during the last week while on Scotland duty has, regrettably, fallen considerably short of the standards expected by Rangers Football Club and our supporters and has brought the Club into disrepute.

"The management of the Club has taken the view that this has damaged both Rangers and Scotland and is unacceptable. Even though our Club is entering the critical stage of the league season and the later stages of the Scottish Cup, appropriate disciplinary action was required."

The Club has agreed with the players that part of their deducted wages will be donated to charity.

Allan McGregor, ScotlandBarry Ferguson said: "I deeply regret what happened last weekend and the events during the last week and apologise wholeheartedly for the embarrassment caused to Scotland, Rangers, both sets of supporters and my friends and family.

"I have always considered playing for Rangers and Scotland an honour and a privilege and nothing will change that and I am bitterly disappointed by the announcement that I will not be selected for Scotland again."

Allan McGregor added: "I was absolutely delighted to be selected for Scotland last weekend and I am deeply sorry over what has happened since then. We all make mistakes in life and I am very disappointed to have let Rangers, Scotland, my family all the fans down. I am also desperately disappointed that I will not be selected again for Scotland at this stage in my career."

The truth is though, none of the Scotland fans want Rangers players in the team,unless they are Rangers fans, long before this weeks events this has been the case

Your so right , We are hated the lenghth and breadth of this country and the Tartan Army are made up from all the clubs that despise Rangers and everthing we stand for.

Your so right , We are hated the lenghth and breadth of this country and the Tartan Army are made up from all the clubs that despise Rangers and everthing we stand for.

Both players banned from playing for Scotland again, a lot of guys will be having a party tonight celebrating the good news