SFA and Sectarian Singing

But if the article on Craptic Quick News is correct, then they have been treated equally, as in, someone (or group) have reported them and they will be investigated. And going by the responses from the article, they do have something to fear, they have openly admitted to singing sectarian songs both home and away...

Cammy F

I kind of meant media treatment as well as UEFA treatment. If they are being investigated then why isnt it mentioned in any of the papers. Rangers got front and back slots for our behaviour and thats only justifyable if the papers are consistent with craptic too

I kind of meant media treatment as well as UEFA treatment. If they are being investigated then why isnt it mentioned in any of the papers. Rangers got front and back slots for our behaviour and thats only justifyable if the papers are consistent with craptic too

Ah, OK see what you mean now - wouldn't expect fair treatment from the Scottish Media or the politicians and Nil By Cakehole... Well, David Legget apart!

Cammy F

Just sent this letter to Britney and I wonder if I'll get a response ;

Dear Mr Speirs.

I thought that I would contact you as you are the self-appointed anti-sectarian chief at The Herald. I stumbled across a website last night where fans from an OF club openly admitted to singing sectarian songs (and have been doing so for over a year now, at every home game). The identity of these fans may shock you, so I hope you are sitting down. According to the Craptic Quick News site, sectarian singing is rife at Parkhead, a claim that flies in the face of your previous articles that led the world to believe that all sectarian singing at Parkhead had been eradicated.

I am hoping that in pointing this out to you, and in your guise as the anti-sectarian guru, you will dedicate as many column inches to these revelations as you do to the perceived sectarian problem at Ibrox. In fact, I hope that these first-hand confessions could be the start of a dossier that you could compile and hand to your friends at UEFA?

As the self-appointed anti-sectarian guru, I assume that you crusade against sectarianism is even-handed, so you will admit to harbouring sectarian singers and inform the reading world that Craptic do indeed have a problem with sectarian singing inside their home ground and a problem with their home support as well as their travelling support.

In the interests of fairness, I hope that you bring these crimes to the attention of the equally unbiased and impartial NBM and hope to hear you on various phone-ins expressing your disgust at these sectarian songs being sung at Parkhead. However, you should maybe stay away from phone-ins if the RST are there, they have a history of making you look like a fool Mr Speirs and a peddler of half-truths, innuendos and down-right lies.

Anyway, the thread you are looking for can be located at the following URL - http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/200...ltic-for.shtml

Yours in football,

Cammy F

Just sent this letter to Britney and I wonder if I'll get a response ;

Dear Mr Speirs.

I thought that I would contact you as you are the self-appointed anti-sectarian chief at The Herald. I stumbled across a website last night where fans from an OF club openly admitted to singing sectarian songs (and have been doing so for over a year now, at every home game). The identity of these fans may shock you, so I hope you are sitting down. According to the Craptic Quick News site, sectarian singing is rife at Parkhead, a claim that flies in the face of your previous articles that led the world to believe that all sectarian singing at Parkhead had been eradicated.

I am hoping that in pointing this out to you, and in your guise as the anti-sectarian guru, you will dedicate as many column inches to these revelations as you do to the perceived sectarian problem at Ibrox. In fact, I hope that these first-hand confessions could be the start of a dossier that you could compile and hand to your friends at UEFA?

As the self-appointed anti-sectarian guru, I assume that you crusade against sectarianism is even-handed, so you will admit to harbouring sectarian singers and inform the reading world that Craptic do indeed have a problem with sectarian singing inside their home ground and a problem with their home support as well as their travelling support.

In the interests of fairness, I hope that you bring these crimes to the attention of the equally unbiased and impartial NBM and hope to hear you on various phone-ins expressing your disgust at these sectarian songs being sung at Parkhead. However, you should maybe stay away from phone-ins if the RST are there, they have a history of making you look like a fool Mr Speirs and a peddler of half-truths, innuendos and down-right lies.

Anyway, the thread you are looking for can be located at the following URL - http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/200...ltic-for.shtml

Yours in football,

Cammy F

Wouldnt hold out much hope in a response to that one Cammy, or him doing any kind of write-up's on the subject. If it was a Rangers one then his keyboard would be on fire with the speed of him typing up his 'column'.

Have you got Legget's email address instead? :D

Just reading a thread over on FF about a guy who reported Crapticminded wedsite to NBM for celebrating terrorists. He received a reply from NBM that started with - we know that Follow Follow has a history of sectarian.... blah, blah, blah...

That's right, the guy complained about Terroristminded (oops) and received a reply about Follow Follow - NBM - a fookin sham.

Cammy F

The repeated mantra from the dhims is 'oh its the away support thats the problem...i dont hear any sectarian stuff when i'm at parkhied' ITS THE SAME PEOPLE you fuckin moron....and...occassionally one will slip from the official party line and admit its ' dirty orange this and masonic that...' along with the party songs....lets remember their official supporters club next to belvedere was raided a coupla seasons ago when the jolly craicsters were belting oot the pro-ira and anti-prod stuff before an OF game....60+ arrests for sectarian offences at parkhied and thats not including OF games and Supt Kevin smith as match commander...they have us constantly on the back foot while talking about 'huns'...seems they hate bigotry and Rangers supporters...

Just reading a thread over on FF about a guy who reported Crapticminded wedsite to NBM for celebrating terrorists. He received a reply from NBM that started with - we know that Follow Follow has a history of sectarian.... blah, blah, blah...

That's right, the guy complained about Terroristminded (oops) and received a reply about Follow Follow - NBM - a fookin sham.

Cammy F

Nil by mouth are an utter disgrace ... even though i dont think FF can take the moral high ground, their response to such a complaint is a joke, but sadly, not anything different from what i expect from such a sorry crowd of tim sympathisers

Looks like Uefa have now explained what is and what is not acceptable,

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/06/08/04/SOCCER_Rangers_UEFA.html&TEAMHD=soccer

Most of it is pretty clear however there are couple of points I am unsure about,

1. "In its original judgement UEFA stated all forms of sectarian singing - including any version of the 'Billy Boys' - are prohibited and there will be no further appeals process" so does this mean hypothetically if we were all to change the words to a non sectarian version i.e hello hello we are the rangers boys.....this would still cause offence?????

2. "Moreover, any form of extremist ideological propaganda is banned before, during, and after games." How can this possibly be monitored and or punished, ie a group of fans from another club could get together and sing some sectarian songs outside ibrox and then the Rangers would be punished?? Also what does this mean for the street vendors and bars in the ibrox area??