What We Are Up Against

I noticed a letter in The Scotsman's Sport section yesterday from a non-OF fan who claimed that the SFA should insist that ALL Scottish Clubs have a saltire incorporated into their strip and have one flown from their stadium. The author then went on to say that this would help with secterianism and with the 'problems' of Rangers and Craptic fans thinking themsevles as British (English) and Irish. They then went on to say that the Union Flag isn't sufficient as it wasn't a 'Scottish Flag'.

Now, leaving out the obvious anti-Rangers undertones to this letter (I am only interested in Rangers here), who wants to point out to the author that one Scottish team DOES have a saltire incorporated into their top and has had for 2 seasons now? That'll be the same team that enters the field flanked by 2 HUGE Saltires as well?

This is the ignorance and stupidity that we are up against - hopefully a reply to this letter will be the first agenda item for our new PR gurus :)

Cammy F

Guest HazukiSan

Idiot, if it's forced then how does it help sectarianism? To help sectarianism it has to be the choice of those who are considered bigots, only then will change have been truely done.

God how I hate letters like that.

That kind of uneducated ranting really pisses you off :ffs:

I'm sure if you asked most home-grown GERS fans, they would say they were proud Scots first and then British.

I would also like to hear this genius explain how a Saltire on a football top and within a stadium would help get rid of sectarinism within the game(old firm).

That kind of letter really annoys me, but doesnt surprise me ...... this country is full of uneducated idiots. Much as i dont really care for songs like GSTQ, i always laugh at away fans booing it and waving a rampant lion at us ..... ye know, that flag that is the ROYAL standard of Scotland :rolleyes: Sadly, there are so many uneducated buffoons out there, like the one that wrote the letter in question

Mind you, i wouldnt mind seeing saltires on all shirts, if only to see the uproar at a blue and white flag on the Tic top!!! Remember all the fuss with the Peoples sponsorship .... Peoples written in orange, with a small blue and white ford badge :D

Also, have the jambos copied us too .... im sure they have a saltire on the back of their shirt now?