Sebo managed it at Parkhead also. Physical strength is required for the role, as you have to dominate 2 centre-halves.

No he didn't. I thought Gribz was the only one that believed this.

Boyd can't play the role. I don't disagree. I just don't think this current Rangers squad is suited to that formation with such negative tactics.

The above wasn't a defence of Boyd or arguing for the sake of arguing a point I could not succesfully do so. It was pointing out that we are not equipped with the players to play 4-5-1 in Scotland and consistently get the win through playing better than our opponents.

Seriously, it is a worrying situation when we're commending Sebo, a Striker lets remember, for some reckless slide tackles and absolutely no attacking play of note over a player who is an effective attacker but not a defender. Sebo's performance at Parkhead has grown some kind of mythical status. It was an improvement by his standards. But did we have any shots. Did he do aaything exciting going forward? Or did he play like a donkey of a centre back or I dunno a WWE wrestler asked to do a job upfront?

But you have to remember the qualities (sic) that you pointed out regarding Sebo's performance at Parkhead, is exactly what a lone striker has to have playing this role.

I don't and didn't rate Sebo, but that performance, whilst no being brilliant, was what he was expected to achieve. The best performance of a loan striker was Cousin in the 4-2 demolition of Celtc. He had pace, strength and skill and was well supported by Miller on that occasion.

We do have the players to play this formation if WS has the bottle to play the correct players. We have Novo, Aaron, Beasley, Miller (if fit), Fleck, Lafferty (if fit) who could support a lone striker from the wider areas.

Velicka has done this job before for Hearts against both ourselves and Celtc with varying degrees of success.

Cammy F

If Boyd continues his current form up to the OF match, I can see him playing against the MOPES

We should go all out against the Mopes and at least go 4 4 2

with Boyd and Naismith upfront

as dont see Velicka doing much against.

Personally i am more worried about the Hibs game than the Mopes at home.

We should go all out against the Mopes and at least go 4 4 2

with Boyd and Naismith upfront

as dont see Velicka doing much against.

Personally i am more worried about the Hibs game than the Mopes at home.

You don't see Velicka doing much, yet you want Naismith to start? Really cofusing given Naismith has contributed the square root of nothing since his return from injury.

If we go 4-4-2 against Celtc, then it has to be two from the following ; Boyd, Miller (if fit), Novo and Lafferty.

Cammy F

Novo does have a decent scoring record against them. I just can't think of any other reason for the reintroduction of Valicka other than him leading the line against Celtc at Ibrox.

Cammy F

I had a sneaky feeling Velicka would come into the side against Motherwell and it has nothing to do with the upcoming scum game.

I just thought that he was getting his turn to partner Boyd. In the last 3 games Naismith and Novo had had their chance and both have failed to look impressive at all. With Miller and Lafferty both out injured, and Fleck not being given the chance at Striker, I thought Velicka would be given his chance to grab a place.

I thought Velicka did quite well, better than Novo or Naismith had recently, and he should retain his place for Sunday unless Lafferty can have a good week in training and look fully fit. He wont want to risk him if not fully fit and lose him for the rest of the season.

Its without doubt a hard game this and if we approach it in the right manner and play to our capabilities i really dont see us have many problems?

There danger man has to be fletcher!

If we play to our capabilities all the time we would have the title in the bag IMO,the problem we have is the amount of missed opportunities we have had to seal it, we to play to our capabilities for the rest of the season and if we do then I believe we will win the SPL