Ferguson out at least two weeks

Aye BD, my point is that all those on here carping on about how well we're doing without BF would in all probability (if they would swallow their internet pride) agree with us.

When it comes to a tough, vital game, you'd take Barry over Edu anyday.

I for one am gutted if BF is indeed out for the season as I just can't see us making it over the line with Edu wafting about the midfield for the remainder of the season. Even if he does have a good song.

I would actually be surprised to hear of many who wouldnt take BF over Edu in the final OF game.

Despite BF playing poorly I think most would take his experience over Edu for that particular game.

Moot point now though.

By Andrew Dickson

BARRY FERGUSON'S season is over after a scan revealed he suffered a torn calf muscle in yesterday's reserve game against Hearts.

Barry Ferguson in action at Forthbank before he limped offThe former Rangers captain limped off after two minutes of the 0-0 draw with the Jambos at Stirling Albion's Forthbank Stadium.

Ferguson has since been assessed by medics and test results have shown he has a small tear in his right calf.

As such, he is expected to be out for between four and six weeks and that rules him out of the title run-in.

That's a huge blow for the 31-year-old, who had been keen to re-establish himself in the Light Blues squad after his recent two-week suspension.

Ferguson joins a string of other Rangers players who are currently unavailable because of various problems they have.

Kevin Thomson, Kirk Broadfoot, DaMarcus Beasley, Lee McCulloch, Kyle Lafferty and Sasa Papac are all injured at present.

since the only OF victory this season was without Fergie I will go for the new regime.

That OF victory came with Kevin Thomson in the team who has been widely regarded as the one player we have missed most this season.

If you think that Edu is a reasonable substitute for Thomson then I would be surprised.

That OF victory came about NOT because of BF's absence Pete, but because of the players we DID have.

Thomson and Mendes were playing very well together and, if Thomson were fit, I would agree with you - but much of the reason Mendes was playing well was because of Thomson. Mendes hasn't been the same player since Thomson went out and Edu doesn't seem to be bringing the best out of Mendes either.

BF would be a better option than Edu in the OF game IMO.

That OF victory came with Kevin Thomson in the team who has been widely regarded as the one player we have missed most this season.

If you think that Edu is a reasonable substitute for Thomson then I would be surprised.

That OF victory came about NOT because of BF's absence Pete, but because of the players we DID have.

Thomson and Mendes were playing very well together and, if Thomson were fit, I would agree with you - but much of the reason Mendes was playing well was because of Thomson. Mendes hasn't been the same player since Thomson went out and Edu doesn't seem to be bringing the best out of Mendes either.

BF would be a better option than Edu in the OF game IMO.

Apparently a couple of win in a row (ignoring all other variables such as tactics, opposition, all the factors surrounding our squad) is enough to definitively state we are better with Fergie out.

With that in mind, Alexander has apaprently played in 7 fixtures this season with 7 victories. I could go making some daft statements about Alexander or I could look at the bigger picture.

I still think that regardless of his poor individual form, he brings "something" to the team and an influence on those around him, albeit somewhat diminished these days. The midfield hasn't exactly covered itself in glory this season and while I think it would be wrong for him to just come back and replace Edu for example (a young player slowly finding his feet) I think there is room for him in there somewhere.