Rangers Ordered To Axe Billy Boys

Im still a relatively young gers fan... the first team i remember following, the team that I consider my fav gers team, and the team that I 'fell for' as such was the amazing team from 92/93. I remember my grandpa (used to be a member when gers were still a proper 'club' as it was back then) bought me a gers tape.

I still have it. I still love it. Officially produced by the club it was one of those jobs that had the input from the first team squad. Had classics like Every other saturday; Follow Follow (with clips of the commentary from the leeds game); Super Ally; One Mark Hately: Ian Durrants dynamite song, Walter Smith Blue & White Army; oooh ahh hustira... and I really wish the club would dig some of them out cos they arent as cheesy or beaty as the new ones... but Im beginning to digress...

It was called "You'll know us by our noise" and that really was one of my fav songs. And it will be really sad if the FTP brigade have brought this song to a premature end. As it is the same tune, people would not really stick to the true lyrics (which i think are great)

Hello! Hello!

We are the Rangers Boys!

Hello! Hello!

You'll know us by our noise!

We'll Give Anything to see our team,

At Ibrox or Away!

For we are the Glasgow Rangers Boys!

Hello, Hello, we are the Billy Boys

Hello, Hello, you'll know us by our noise

We're up to our knees in Toasted Cheese, Surrender or You'll die

For we are the Brigton Derry Boys.

Quality BTW

Guest bluenosewishy

"ordered to make a public statement"???

much as i'm against the bigotry claims etc, who the fuck are they to tell us what to do..?

<mini rant over>

Im still a relatively young gers fan... the first team i remember following, the team that I consider my fav gers team, and the team that I 'fell for' as such was the amazing team from 92/93. I remember my grandpa (used to be a member when gers were still a proper 'club' as it was back then) bought me a gers tape.

I still have it. I still love it. Officially produced by the club it was one of those jobs that had the input from the first team squad. Had classics like Every other saturday; Follow Follow (with clips of the commentary from the leeds game); Super Ally; One Mark Hately: Ian Durrants dynamite song, Walter Smith Blue & White Army; oooh ahh hustira... and I really wish the club would dig some of them out cos they arent as cheesy or beaty as the new ones... but Im beginning to digress...

It was called "You'll know us by our noise" and that really was one of my fav songs. And it will be really sad if the FTP brigade have brought this song to a premature end. As it is the same tune, people would not really stick to the true lyrics (which i think are great)

Hello! Hello!

We are the Rangers Boys!

Hello! Hello!

You'll know us by our noise!

We'll Give Anything to see our team,

At Ibrox or Away!

For we are the Glasgow Rangers Boys!

If we want to keep the tune this is the only way to go. Unfortunatly if 50.000 sing it this way they will still pick out the 200 that keep to the old version and we will still be bigots.:mad:

"ordered to make a public statement"???

much as i'm against the bigotry claims etc, who the fuck are they to tell us what to do..?

<mini rant over>

well said that man.

can someone please tell me who rangers think they are, banning us from singing our songs?

what right do they have telling us what we can and cannot say?

now, it would be different if it were a song which was composed of obscenities but as it is it`s just a wee harmless song thats been sung for ages and done nobody any harm.

so, let me see.

first, we are GUILTY of doing nazi salutes which most people on here seem to agree with that we ARE GUILTY of doing it yet NO-ONE has came on and admitted that THEY actually do it. so how then can we be guilty??

next, we seem to be prepared to let SOMEONE in rangers dictate to us what songs we can sing or not sing as the case may be.

i want to know who the representative was who consulted with rangers, cause he sure as hell aint speaking FOR my rights and many, MANY others.

over the course of 6 months we have permitted some busy body to kill off part of our folklore where we were brought up on because THEY are TELLING us that it`s for the best because we are bewing SET UPON by arseholes from uefa who don`t have a clue what they are banning and don`t seem to realise that the song itself is harmless and most of us do red hand salutes.

i don`t want to see us being banned from europe, but someone has overstepped the mark here and the fans seem to be allowing this to happen.

i sense a bit of conspiracy here between the people who spoke to murray and murray and his reps.

NO-ONE has yet spoken up for my right and many more people on this forum.

why can we not CHANGE the lyrics to that song?

who says it will only work if we ban the whole song?

i`m not happy with this whole decision and i won`t be stopping singing that song. they can through me out, but they`ll have to through half of ibrox out with me!!!

Read the statement colshy. It's not Rangers banning the song; but UEFA.

Read my analysis for more in-depth discussion on the issue.

As for any conspiracy between Murray and the likes of TBO/RST, don't daft... :D

Read the statement colshy. It's not Rangers banning the song; but UEFA.

Read my analysis for more in-depth discussion on the issue.

As for any conspiracy between Murray and the likes of TBO/RST, don't daft... :D

i`ve read it frankie.

i realise it`s uefa but what i was trying to say is why are we being denied the opportunity to say WHAT WE REALLY THINK???

as for the conspiracy theory of whoever the fans rep is and him talking to murray, no i won`t be daft, i`m sure he ISN`T on murrays payroll. after all what would that change? help to change the fans view? hmn.

So you're suggesting friends of mine such as Mark Dingwall, Simon Leslie, Davie Edgar and James Carlin are being paid to agree...?

Colshy you have written some crap on Gersnet over the last few years. That has just topped it all.

If you knew any of the hard working guys above you'd be embarrassed by what you just said.