Rangers Ordered To Axe Billy Boys

Well, my wife doesn't want my son to go to Rangers games because of the sectarian nonsense, so yes, as far as I'm concerned, it can only be a good thing.

This is a point that bothers me - not getting at you or your wife Mike, but we have to be carefull on where we draw the line between traditions and sectarianism. Now, some are quite clear (like FTP etc) but others aren't so black and white.

Cammy F

This is a point that bothers me - not getting at you or your wife Mike, but we have to be carefull on where we draw the line between traditions and sectarianism. Now, some are quite clear (like FTP etc) but others aren't so black and white.

Cammy F

I totally agree, but I think some of it will be down to the perceived sectarian problem as a whole, particularly in evidence when we play Celtic. Its often from people who've never been to an OF game, but its a widely upheld view. That's why we seem to be an easy target in the media and for politicians. They say we're sectarian, the country believes them without questioning it. Its another part of the thing where DM hasn't done enough to stand up for us.

Have Lazio been ordered to ban the Nazi salute - or is it just the Red Hand Salute that is being banned? And C****c have they been ordered to stop singing songs about glorifying murderers of innocent men, women and children on both sides of the divide?

I am not in favour of the RHS but I fully believe a song about a razor gang is allot less offensive than a salute that glorifies Nazi's and there cause.

:mad:

the fact is....

Juve have just been done for match fixing, rumour has it they will be relegated. WILL THEY F**K.

We get indited for singing Anti-terrorist songs and we get Fined.

Justice? none what-so-ever.

To UEFA we are just a small town club that need to be disciplined.

When it comes to REAL corruption i can GUARANTEE NOTHING will be done.

The billy boys is one of our MAIN and BEST songs... sung with the proper lyrics (i.e-without the "up tae our knees shite") - there is NO need to get totally rid.

The only thing we need rid of is the neds and pikeys that sing that FTP shite that means so little to most of our support.

The only thing we need rid of is the neds and pikeys that sing that FTP shite that means so little to most of our support.

The problem is though, whether rightly or wrongly, nearly everyone outside of the Gers reckons that its the majority at Ibrox that sing this sort of stuff, not the minority. If we're going to get the message across that the majority aren't sectarian, I think we need to ban it. Sad, but its the only way I can see it working.

The problem is though, whether rightly or wrongly, nearly everyone outside of the Gers reckons that its the majority at Ibrox that sing this sort of stuff, not the minority. If we're going to get the message across that the majority aren't sectarian, I think we need to ban it. Sad, but its the only way I can see it working.

I dont think banning it will send the message across to others will say anything. Others will think we just cant sing.

Only changing the words and letting them hear for themselves will show that we dont have a problem.

Im still waiting for an answer (if anyone has) about the actually ban and whether its just at Ibrox or Rangers fans at any ground. If so then why can others still sing the tune and they havent been warned?

We get indited for singing Anti-terrorist songs and we get Fined.

I don't think the "Billy Boys" is an anti-terrorist song...

Totally agree.