Accies reject Pompey McCarthy bid

Guest Jum Spence

Hamilton Academical reject a written offer from Portsmouth, thought to be around �£500,000, for teenage midfielder James McCarthy.

More...

This will push the price up for Celtic when they try and buy him, which is good.

Or just have the resources to out bid them.

I'm yet to be convinced he is worth the hype, but I am judging him purely on games against us which may be unfair.

Or just have the resources to out bid them.

I'm yet to be convinced he is worth the hype, but I am judging him purely on games against us which may be unfair.

That's the way he should be judged SA, against the better teams. I've seen him play about a half dozen times or so and at this stage of his career, he looks no better than a 'decent' SPL player.

There's plenty of time to improve of course and being involved week in week out with better players and coaches may really bring him on, but i'm not sure he's technically or physically got what it takes to cope with the demands of the EPL.

That's the way he should be judged SA, against the better teams. I've seen him play about a half dozen times or so and at this stage of his career, he looks no better than a 'decent' SPL player.

There's plenty of time to improve of course and being involved week in week out with better players and coaches may really bring him on, but i'm not sure he's technically or physically got what it takes to cope with the demands of the EPL.

He will be at Parkhead next season i reckon and McCarthur will be at Ibrox

�£1M for McCarthy and �£450,000 for McCarthur Hamilton will sell both to balance the books.

Think McCarthy is a good player but McCarthur also has good potential.

He will be at Parkhead next season i reckon and McCarthur will be at Ibrox

�£1M for McCarthy and �£450,000 for McCarthur Hamilton will sell both to balance the books.

Think McCarthy is a good player but McCarthur also has good potential.

Not sure where we will get �£450K from.

Not sure where we will get �£450K from.

Surely we will have some money to spend ?

once Murray sellsl all the best players and the season book money is in and hopefully the Champions League money (Hopefully) and once the wheeling and dealing is done over the summer �£450,000 is not above us surely.