Caldwell is writers' top player

This is the same guy that scored the own goal that put 'them' out of Europe right? What a fucking joke! Boogie must be pretty pissed off at that, he's twice the player of that ugly wee tip rat!

I think Rangers players have long accepted that these things simply go to Parkhead however the season has transpired. I believe Boyd (31 goals and counting) said as much in a recent interview.

In a few years' time people will look at the records and see: "2009: League winners - Rangers FC, Scottish Cup winners - Rangers FC, Manager of the Year - Gordon Strachan (Celtic FC), Player of the Year - Scott Brown (Celtic FC), Writer's Player of the Year - Gary Caldwell" (Celtic FC), and think: 'What the fuck is that all about?'

The Scottish game's an absolute laughing stock, has been for years.

I'd been keeping the other thread about the PFA awards going not because it bothers me (it did used too) but because it's good to have a laugh at these things. If celtic don't win the big prize they try and console themselves with these awards. Now if they actually voted for the best player/manager over a season they might actually provide the player with some genuine consolation (though not much :D).