We live in hope I guess, but I have just come to terms that our team just doesn't have the appropriate mentality to close things out.

Quoting myself.... lovely.

But if ever I needed evidence of the true mentality on how to get the job done then all you need to do is look at the two teams in Britain looking to edge themselves closer to a title this evening.

Man U - 1-0 down and struggling, come back to score two late goals to win the game and virtually seal the title.

Ranger - 1-0 down and struggling, come back to get a draw in a game which should have been won, huffed and puffed but just couldnt get over the finish line.

Man U believe they will win even if losing with little time left.

Rangers hope they will win regardless.

Two very different mentalities IMO.

It's looking increasingly like we'll need to stick a few past Abergreen (and not concede) if we are to keep in with a shout of this title. Kilmarnock 2003 all over again.

A 4-0 or 5-0 win will have the chimps shitting themselves. Unfortunately the chances of us pulling off such a result are extremely slim.

The best thing we can do is assume Celtic will win on Sunday, which 90% they probably will. What concerns me is the attitude of this team. The way they played in the first half tonight, knowing they were 270 minutes away from the title, was shocking. Some motivator McCoist must be.

We wont make up 2 goals. We have to assume that they will win their last two games, which they will, so we need to win 2-0 and 3-0 as they have also scored more goals than us.

IMO the league was lost tonight. We HAD to win that game as the Tims would have been looking at it as potential lost points.

Hibs wont have the same energy levels left for Saturday and will drop all 3 points to the Tims.

We live in hope I guess, but I have just come to terms that our team just doesn't have the appropriate mentality to close things out.

Agree on all points Craig.

Can't see us getting many goals against the sheep. They will sit back ith 10 behind the ball and break on the counter. As for the last few games we have not scored many at all. Falkirk, St Midden, Hertz and Motherwell. OF game was a 3 point game and no more. The others were goal opportunities and we have not provided.

Im not so sure lads, we are level on points and Im sure we can get a better result than them at the weekend.

Celtic might get 3 points at Hibs but i cant see them winning by more than 1 goal.

We are capable of beating aberdeen 3-0. That would level it up.

we MUST come out the blocks flying and play for 90 mins like this game determines where the title goes. We cant let aberdeen get a sniff of the ball.

Id play 4-3-3 in this one from the start.

But then we have to go to a ground we've won once at in 5 years, while they have a home game and all the help the referee cares to offer. I think we're going to need to go into the final game two goals better off than them to stand a chance. Even then I'm dubious as to this team's chances of beating Dundee Utd on their own patch. You just know Lhevein will have them up for that game more than any other, while Smith and McCoist are patently unable to get our team motivated for the job in hand no matter the rewards staring the team in the face.

But then we have to go to a ground we've won once at in 5 years, while they have a home game and all the help the referee cares to offer. I think we're going to need to go into the final game two goals better off than them to stand a chance. Even then I'm dubious as to this team's chances of beating Dundee Utd on their own patch. You just know Lhevein will have them up for that game more than any other, while Smith and McCoist are patently unable to get our team motivated for the job in hand no matter the rewards staring the team in the face.

You have to look at the positives.

Celtic have still got to beat a decent Hearts team who will be up for spoiling there chances.

If we take the game to Utd like we did against Hibs in the 2nd half then I expect to beat Utd.

However, Hibs just might do us a turn this weekend!!

Im not so sure lads, we are level on points and Im sure we can get a better result than them at the weekend.

I believe we will win, but I also believe they will too.

Celtic might get 3 points at Hibs but i cant see them winning by more than 1 goal.

They will get a little help, like they have already, Macdonald should have been red carded against D Utd, Loovens should be out for the Edu assault.....

We are not scoring goals. Boyd has goals but he is not getting the service. Tactics are to punt up a big ball and hope its knocked on to a striker.

we MUST come out the blocks flying and play for 90 mins like this game determines where the title goes. We cant let aberdeen get a sniff of the ball.

I can't think of a game apart from the first OF game were we played for 90 minutes. In recent times it's harfd to find a game we have played for 60 minutes. And the Sheep will be up for it to get one over us and they will be right in our faces. That coont Diamond is missing and this may prove crucial for us getting a good result.

Id play 4-3-3 in this one from the start. Not in a Walter wonderland though!

We need to have some serious man management over the next 2 days, and yes the players need to stand up and be counted. But if Wattie and Ally need to fall back on Richard Gough to get players up for the fight then they are not the people who should be at Rangers Football Club.

We wont make up 2 goals. We have to assume that they will win their last two games, which they will, so we need to win 2-0 and 3-0 as they have also scored more goals than us.

IMO the league was lost tonight. We HAD to win that game as the Tims would have been looking at it as potential lost points.

Hibs wont have the same energy levels left for Saturday and will drop all 3 points to the Tims.

Pretty much my thoughts on it.

Only thing that will change my mind is a result of 6-0 or better. Yes SIX!

We're 2 behind at the momment. THat would put us plus 4 with them to play hibs this weekend. Knowing they need goals and not having a team of bottle merchants they will win. If they get some early goals they will not let up and could easy win by 2 or 3. Hopefully not more.

Then it comes to a final day shoot out and again I could see them outscoring us at hom to hearts, compared to us at Tannadice. 6-0 is a minimum if we are to retain any hopes of stealing this title.

Knowing our team of yellow bellied bottle merchants we'll just fail to beat Dundee united instead and make it easy for them.

Pretty much my thoughts on it.

Only thing that will change my mind is a result of 6-0 or better. Yes SIX!

We're 2 behind at the momment. THat would put us plus 4 with them to play hibs this weekend. Knowing they need goals and not having a team of bottle merchants they will win. If they get some early goals they will not let up and could easy win by 2 or 3. Hopefully not more.

Then it comes to a final day shoot out and again I could see them outscoring us at hom to hearts, compared to us at Tannadice. 6-0 is a minimum if we are to retain any hopes of stealing this title.

Knowing our team of yellow bellied bottle merchants we'll just fail to beat Dundee united instead and make it easy for them.

Totally agree mate.

Id say we need to win by 4 goals on saturday. That puts us 2 clear and i cant see them winning at hibs by more than 2, i think they may even only get a narrow 1 goal win there.

Then its onto Tannadice and the Hertz will go to parkhead to spoil the party.