Winning the league versus throwing it away

Post Hibs debacle midweek one poster, might have been Andrew_2010, Said that should we still win this league it would be a case of them throwing it away. Not us winning it.

I said it is an idea that annoys me. The league is won for most points over a season. So whether they drop points in the first or the last game is irrelevant, the point is you have won more than them over the entire season to win the league (or not as the case may be). I then, however went on to say, that in this instance however I agreed with the original statement. We would need them to throw it away.

The glorious nature of being a football fan is I can be fickle and I can be a hypocrite. But looking at it objectively when not high on emotion and drunk on beer, how can I state that us dropping points at Easter Road was throwing it away, but should Hibs take something from Celtic it would not be us winning it but them losing it?

Going into the split, we were just a point behind. Beat Celtic in the "six-pointer" then match their results and we would be champions. How can I then say we have been gifted a title should we beat them and match their other results to win the league. It's a nonsense. Emotion got the better of me.

Prior to the draw at Easter Road we were on a 7 game winning streak. We dropped points at a difficult venue for the first time this season, but still took a creditable point. The same as Celtic. Win at Tannadice and it is ours. We would have won it. We would have earnt it. On recent form we more than deserve it.

Post split we would have overcome a deficit and taken 13 points from 15 available. Sure, we could and should have beaten Hibs. The timing of the defeat, the apparent apathy from the players and the perceived negativity of the manager magnified a poor result. But even great teams lose when they shouldn't. When it's unexpected. It is all about ensuring these results don't ultimately damage our title ambitions. One draw against hibs to lose the title after a great late surge for the Championsip would be incredibly harsh.

If we win this league it is more than deserved and one bad draw, that would have been a win but for yet more dodgy officiating doesn't change that.

P.s I reserved the right to turn a 180 as a full time fickle football fan.

P.P.s Celtic's mumping and moaning about playing at Easter Road sure bit them on the arse. Hopefully integrity F.C. will have learnt to keep their oversized gobs shot in future.

If we had beat Hibs midweek we would be champions.

If the decisions by dubious oficials had been given correctly we would have been Champions 2 weeks ago.

I can see WS getting Gough back in for this week at training. Because WS and AMcC are shit motivators. It is clear that next Sunday we need Men to walk tall and play for the Club, Jersey and the Fans. What we do not need are the whittling little boys we have so consistantly seen this season.

Its time to become Champions, not to excel at being chumps.

If we had beat Hibs midweek we would be champions.

If the decisions by dubious oficials had been given correctly we would have been Champions 2 weeks ago.

If the dubious officials had done their jobs we'd have been Champions some time in February! And I'm barely even exaggerating.

I can see WS getting Gough back in for this week at training. Because WS and AMcC are shit motivators.

If his presence helped the players pre-OF I'll happily take it again.

It is clear that next Sunday we need Men to walk tall and play for the Club, Jersey and the Fans. What we do not need are the whittling little boys we have so consistantly seen this season.

Its time to become Champions, not to excel at being chumps.

Is it time to restore Barry Ferguson to the starting line up (regardless of if we sell him in the summer)? :box:

I think Walter will go 4-5-1. Seriously.

If we win 1-0 with a deflected goal off a streakers left arse-cheek he can play whatever formation he wants.

Seriously though, whilst I would be going ape-shit should we line up like that, if it produced the required result I wouldn't care.

I wouldn't mind it as long as we win either!

Was really a response to the Barry question in the previous post. Yes I think Barry will play along with Davis, Edu, Mendes and Lafferty. Misser up front, Big Lee CB.....

I wouldn't mind it as long as we win either!

Was really a response to the Barry question in the previous post. Yes I think Barry will play along with Davis, Edu, Mendes and Lafferty. Misser up front, Big Lee CB.....

I think Lee should play CB. :box:

I would drop Mendes for Barry. :box:

I would not play 4-5-1.

Said that should we still win this league it would be a case of them throwing it away. Not us winning it.

Not this season. Both teams have had chances to win it. If they win it then the same could be said that we lost it.

Plus considering we came from 7 points behind in January...........!!!