Just in case Dougie MacDonald needed reminded not to give us any decisions next w/e

Eh, what's he got to do with anything?

Er - leading a government full of corrupt thieves? Point being is it any better than Berlusconi's? Then the MP's turn round and tell us what they did was no worse than shoplifting - as if a poor person nicking a bag of groceries is comparable to stealing �£20k from the taxpayer to do up your second home. Oh, I forgot - it was within the (self-made) rules.

Edited by Super_Ally
Quoatation tags

Eh, what's he got to do with anything?

Er - leading a government full of corrupt thieves? Point being is it any better than Berlusconi's? Then the MP's turn round and tell us what they did was no worse than shoplifting - as if a poor person nicking a bag of groceries is comparable to stealing �£20k from the taxpayer to do up your second home. Oh, I forgot - it was within the (self-made) rules.

The point is, as it's all of them in all parties which has been going on for decades, you can hardly just point the finger at Brown. In fact you could argue that Brown that uncovered it all with him introducing the transparency in the first place...

I'm not a fan of Brown but hate the modern culture of immediately blaming certain people for everything, whether they are remotely guilty or not.

Edited by Super_Ally
Quotation tags

The point is, as it's all of them in all parties which has been going on for decades, you can hardly just point the finger at Brown. In fact you could argue that Brown that uncovered it all with him introducing the transparency in the first place...

I'm not a fan of Brown but hate the modern culture of immediately blaming certain people for everything, whether they are remotely guilty or not.

He's the PM and the buck stops with him on this matter.

He's the PM and the buck stops with him on this matter.

Even though he's the first PM to EVER sort it out?

That's pretty harsh and churlish in my opinion.

Like I say, we would not even know about it without him making everything transparent to the public.

Even though he's the first PM to EVER sort it out?

That's pretty harsh and churlish in my opinion.

Like I say, we would not even know about it without him making everything transparent to the public.[/quote]

I thought we had the Daily Telegraph to thank for uncovering it all; doubt that Brown would have 'lifted the lid' voluntarily. Anyway, if if it makes you feel better, the expenses gravy train really started with Thatcher in 1983.:)

My original point was that the U.K. system is just as corrupt as Italy's, irrespective of who the current custodian is.