Our magnificent fans and the BBC

Firstly I'd like to congratulate every Rangers fan at Ibrox today for not playing into our enemies hands.

Despite going 2-0 down, despite some provocation from the away support and despite there still being a lack of clarity with respect to some songs, our fans handled themselves impeccably.

Afterwards, while driving home, I knew it wouldn't take long for the lies and misinformation to begin. Despite the SFA/SPL advisor being delighted, despite the Match Commander being delighted and despite our chairman being delighted Jim Traynor was allowed to try his utmost to change the neutral's mind.

His agenda was clear from the outset as he admitted attending the game only to listen to our fans for sectarianism. Eventually, his female accomplice read out an email (30mins later) regarding this incredible comment and he struggled to answer and stuttered on about who the emailer was. No answer was forthcoming. Neither were any Rangers fans wanting to talk about the issue allowed on in the first hour of this programme.

For those who weren't at the game and those, like honest Jim, tuning in only to help UEFA enforce their new directive, Derry's Walls, The Sash and Rule Britannia were all sung. All 3 are good, honest folk songs and while they might not be immediately associated with football, they are songs we should be able to sing proudly without being branded sectarian.

Jim Traynor and his ilk can try all they want to decry us at every opportunity. Thankfully at last the club offered some back up. Now this may be too little too late for some and I appreciate that but I sense a change in the attitude somewhat. It may be slight but it's a start.

Together by continuing to adhere to the directive and continuing to sing our athems like the above we can show the trouble-makers (and downright malicious liars) like Traynor and his friends we won't go quietly into the night.

We had a poor result today but there were many positives to take on and off the pitch. I'm as proud as ever to be a bear. The quicker Traynor and muck liek him realise that pride and loyalty will never disappear the better.

hear hear Frankie. I was pleased no sectarian songs were sung by the rangers fans today.

I was listening into Real Radio on the way home from the game today and the first caller on it was a tim saying we were giulty of singing sectarian songs. Altho another one came on and praised the rangers fans for there behavoiur at the game today.

So i guess we are still going to have some of them trying to bring the good name of the fans into distripute.

But i was proud of the fans today for not singing the songs we have been told not to sing

The thing is....Celtic fans will try and say these songs are sectarian,when really they have no argument!!

Lets see what they sing at Tynecastle today..all eyes and ears are ready!!

A fantastic effort from the Rangers fans today, not 1 sectarian song or chant to be reported and it was great to hear that the Match Commander and the SPL adviser PRAISED Rangers fans and confirmed that NO sectarian singing took place.

For those enemies who think that The Sash and Derry's Walls are sectarian, away and thro sh1t at yoursevles. We can stand proud today folks and lets keep ramming the message home that its only TBB and Eff-Tee_pee that is banned and our other 'folk songs' are no better or worse than Flower Of Scotland.

Cammy F

A fantastic effort from the Rangers fans today, not 1 sectarian song or chant to be reported and it was great to hear that the Match Commander and the SPL adviser PRAISED Rangers fans and confirmed that NO sectarian singing took place.

For those enemies who think that The Sash and Derry's Walls are sectarian, away and thro sh1t at yoursevles. We can stand proud today folks and lets keep ramming the message home that its only TBB and Eff-Tee_pee that is banned and our other 'folk songs' are no better or worse than Flower Of Scotland.

Cammy F

it was funny listening to the radio on the way home though..Traynor had to agree that Derrys Walls etc was just a "folk song"...lol

Also heard yesterday (and I think this was confirmed in leggets column today) that Rangers' new PR gurus are compling a dossier (sp) of biased journalism against Rangers and will publish this at an appropriate time..... They will also be monitoring, highlighting and reporting on other fans songs / chants etc

Cammy F

Also heard yesterday (and I think this was confirmed in leggets column today) that Rangers' new PR gurus are compling a dossier (sp) of biased journalism against Rangers and will publish this at an appropriate time.....

Cammy F

about bloody time as well...

Also heard yesterday (and I think this was confirmed in leggets column today) that Rangers' new PR gurus are compling a dossier (sp) of biased journalism against Rangers and will publish this at an appropriate time..... They will also be monitoring, highlighting and reporting on other fans songs / chants etc

Cammy F

Brilliant news :)

Heard that prick Keevins talking about one questionable song after Burke's goal, but wouldnt expect anything less from this total wank ... maybe a wee note from our PR department to these 'journalists' reminding them exactly which songs are banned from UEFA .....

I was belting out 'no surrender' after we scored the first goal without even thinking of the consequence, and it was bloody great!

Well done to the fans today! :thup: