"they say PLG walked through the support and got gobbed on and abused -then the police made him u-turn and go a diffrerent route out becasue of the scum fans"

I know you guys also have this on your front page but someone who's fairly reliable has corroborated it, so it looks like it could be true.

Absolutely despicable and I hope it only spurs PLG on.

Guest Biggus_Mannus

As a Celtic supporter I felt that someone should take it uopn themselves to come on to this forum and condemn the people responsible for this disgusting act. Hopefully they will be identified and suffer the indignation of being named and shamed as these types of moronic individuals have no part to play in supporting my club. I think in todays climate where the spotlight of UEFA is focussing closely on Rangers and almost inevitably Celtic then I think it is time for the moderate supporters like myself to communicate with one another to show that there is a vast majority on both sides of the city who are there for the football alone.

As a Celtic supporter I felt that someone should take it uopn themselves to come on to this forum and condemn the people responsible for this disgusting act. Hopefully they will be identified and suffer the indignation of being named and shamed as these types of moronic individuals have no part to play in supporting my club. I think in todays climate where the spotlight of UEFA is focussing closely on Rangers and almost inevitably Celtic then I think it is time for the moderate supporters like myself to communicate with one another to show that there is a vast majority on both sides of the city who are there for the football alone.

There is no question there's a lot of decent Celtic fans who are in it for the love of their club and the game, but a sickening minority on both sides tarnish it for the rest with such reprehensible behaviour.

I mean, I could almost understand (If not condone) their hatred towards Eck - he's a Rangers supporter as a boy and Rangers through and through - but PLG? He's a Frenchman here to do a job as an exciting new challenge. What the hell has he done to deserve such vile treatment?

Guest Biggus_Mannus

Danny,

Why should anyone hate another person because they support Rangers or Celtic? Paul Le Guen is someone who I personally admire and respect. Alex McLeish was never hated by the Celtic fans. When he was appointed he was seen as a step down from the Souness/Smith/Advocaat era and wasn't given much to spend but you cant argue with his trophy haul. Obviously he had a bad season last year but Rangers will do much better with Le Guen who looks as though he has cut out what I would have seen as the passengers last year. I dont know enough about the replacements but time will tell. Obviously I'm waiting on our own cheque book being opened!

Danny,

Why should anyone hate another person because they support Rangers or Celtic? Paul Le Guen is someone who I personally admire and respect.

Good on you, you're clearly one of the more fair minded and decent Celtic fans.

Alex McLeish was never hated by the Celtic fans.

Unfortunately loud taunts of 'Sad Orange Bastard' at Parkhead during one or two OF games suggest otherwise.

When he was appointed he was seen as a step down from the Souness/Smith/Advocaat era and wasn't given much to spend but you cant argue with his trophy haul. Obviously he had a bad season last year but Rangers will do much better with Le Guen who looks as though he has cut out what I would have seen as the passengers last year. I dont know enough about the replacements but time will tell. Obviously I'm waiting on our own cheque book being opened!

Well you've brought in quite a few players, but if I'm truthful none of them have impressed me. I initially though Jarosik was a good buy, but he was non-existent today.

And your Scottish new boys are having mixed fortunes so far. Miller's working hard but isn't getting much in the way of a break. Caldwell's been awful. Sno actually looks alright but isn't starting.

Who else have you brought in who I've forgotten?

absoluteley disgraceful behaviour.

those responsible should be made to make a groveling appology to his face and have their season tickets taken away for life.

paul leguen is a decent man who has done NOTHING to merit this vile sick display of typical timmy behaviour and it only verifies to me and many others how tormented and evil the septic fans really are:admin:

absoluteley disgraceful behaviour.

those responsible should be made to make a groveling appology to his face and have their season tickets taken away for life.

paul leguen is a decent man who has done NOTHING to merit this vile sick display of typical timmy behaviour and it only verifies to me and many others how tormented and evil the septic fans really are:admin:

To be fair though we're not talking about all the Celtic fans in one sweeping generality, just a minority of absolute scum.

But those who may be guilty of this if true should be punished to the highest level.

To be fair though we're not talking about all the Celtic fans in one sweeping generality, just a minority of absolute scum.

But those who may be guilty of this if true should be punished to the highest level.

to be fair, they ARE CELTIC fans and nothing else and so when they behave like that do they expect us to start disecting the support into percentages of who acts like what?

to be fair, they ARE CELTIC fans and nothing else and so when they behave like that do they expect us to start disecting the support into percentages of who acts like what?

Thing is I think/hope Celtic would do the honourable thing and disassociate themselves from such odious individuals and remove their season tickets if this story turns out to be true.

So while these vermin claim to support Celtic, what they're really doing is tarnishing the club's name with such acts like these, and surely Celtic would distance themselves from people like that.

Thing is I think/hope Celtic would do the honourable thing and disassociate themselves from such odious individuals and remove their season tickets if this story turns out to be true.

So while these vermin claim to support Celtic, what they're really doing is tarnishing the club's name with such acts like these, and surely Celtic would distance themselves from people like that.

we shall see.

but the celtic support is notorious for behaviour like this and for me it`s just one simelar story in a long list of events that have shamed scottish football!