I don't blame people who binned their ST at the end of the season. It's just not value for money these days.

I would agree to a certain extent, but personally last Sunday made it all worthwhile for me! Yes there were lows during the season but there were also highs

From what i;ve read today:

We sold 43,500 season tickets last year. We are ahead of schedule this year (unsure what target are or what has been sold).

It was supposedly reported in the Herald and Mail last Friday Celtic's sales were at just 28,000.

One fan claims a friend of his who decided not to renew has been phoned 4 times and their deadline has been extended twice. Is that normal?

I'd imagine the club would call you to find out why you hadn't renewed - especially since renewals are slow and there is no waiting list.

But 28,000 for Celtic is rather poor. I'm sure their numbers will increase once they announce their new manager and if/when they qualify for the CL group stage.

As I said earlier in the thread, apparently both clubs expect a 10-20% decrease in sales anyway. That means a target of around 35-39,000 for us which I think is achievable given we've won the league and guaranteed our CL place.

I'd imagine the club would call you to find out why you hadn't renewed - especially since renewals are slow and there is no waiting list.

But 28,000 for Celtic is rather poor. I'm sure their numbers will increase once they announce their new manager and if/when they qualify for the CL group stage.

As I said earlier in the thread, apparently both clubs expect a 10-20% decrease in sales anyway. That means a target of around 35-39,000 for us which I think is achievable given we've won the league and guaranteed our CL place.

Is it usual for teh club to call you four times regarding non-renewal though?

With the current financial climate it will no doubt suit a lot of fans not to be tied to a ST and the ground will still be full for big games.

It might be slightly less full for smaller games, by how much may depend on the standard of football and how we are competing in competitions.

Might buying tickets on a per game basis actually mean more income for the club? Never really bothered working out how much (if any) of a saving the ST is.

Also once we see our CL group drawn you may get a rush of late ST purchases to ensure tickets for some bumper games.

Is it usual for teh club to call you four times regarding non-renewal though?

There is the possibility of an admin error there. I can't imagine they think that badgering works and calling say 12,000 people four times wouldn't be very practical.

Celtic ticket office confirm 17,000 fans not renewed season tickets

The figure is likely to be go much higher, as many fans have been automatically renewed but say will cancel direct debit at the bank if a decent boss not in place.

Their direct debit date for first installment is 19th June.

Apparently this info has come from the fuddleboard (not a member so can't confirm).

So, they are suggesting they are at around 35,000 - that sounds about right...

The rate they are going through prospective candidates, I think you'll be offered the job soon S_A!

The rate they are going through prospective candidates, I think you'll be offered the job soon S_A!

I hope so! He'd be the death of them! :spl:

I hope so! He'd be the death of them!

Given half the chance I would. :devil: