Setanta EPL rights revoked

The EPL have revoked Setanta's rights to EPL matches next season as Setanta couldn't find the funds to pay for the rights.

Setanta could very well be in the shit now.

It cuts there urgent debts to be payed way down though, so is it not a good thing for them until they sort their shit out? I thought they owed the EPL �£30m for those rights.

The SPL should have done the same. The gulf in the cash is massive and the EPL will get someone else no problem for the matches, but the SPL should have shown some pride and dignity and told setanta to eff off also.

Going into bed with sky or starting on their own station are the only options if Setanta go bust. Okay here is my take on things. With Sky we are second citizens and they only want the old firm games. I would if i was the SPL\SFA get in touch with John de Mol and joop van der Ende who i believe have a big say in the Dutch football and also many ordinary programmes in Britain. The Dutch, Scottish, other smaller countries could take on Sky over the whole of Europe and not just in England. It is time for the smaller countries to fight back!!!

It cuts there urgent debts to be payed way down though, so is it not a good thing for them until they sort their shit out? I thought they owed the EPL �£30m for those rights.

Will probably see an enormous amount of cancellations from subscribers though.

Will probably see an enormous amount of cancellations from subscribers though.

It would possibly only be 2 or 3 hundred thousand lost subscriptions at most, but that would still be a hefty blow for them (about �£30m or so over a year). You've got to wonder what the hell they can do to get out of the shit they're in if they really HAVE been losing as much as the �£100m p/a reported.