I dont have any grudges about the Blackburn thing, none at all.

I believe BF worked behind the scenes to undermine PLG. Maybe it was the right thing to do though, so 50/50 on that, mixed feelings.

The Scotland thing was a complete joke. Embarrassing.

If you put these 3 events on a graph........

(That was what I was getting at re: PLG.)

Yeh if you just list his "mistakes" it doesn't make great reading.

But I prefer to remember the young man who dominated top class European midfields.

There are plenty or ex-Gers who get an easy ride or people are ambivolent towards who have done very little for the cause. I think all Fergie's positive contributions outnumber his idiotic mistakes. I'm not saying forget them, or that he's the best captain we ever had. I'm just asking people not to do the opposite and forget his European performances and his domestic medal haul.

Your Baxters and Gazza's did stupid things over their career which are all but ignored. Now I know that is because they were world class performers but i'm not sure it's ok to forgive people for their errors just because of that whilst condemning others.

He's not the player he once was. Perhaps injuries have taken their toll. I just hope he can at least hold his own. Otherwise his detractors will try and use it to suggest he never was that good.

Good post mate. I agree and thats why I've remained largely on his side for so long, because I know what he's contributed to RFC since he was a young lad.

:cheers:

Obviously its become more and more difficult to retain a positive view of the player.

Neither the positive nor the negative aspects of his career should be forgotten. Though overall he has been a significant part of some amazing momments for Rangers.

Never been a Barry hater, mostly because it's always been crystal clear he loves the club as much as I do and has always given everything he has whilst on the pitch. Also because I remember what a fantastic player he was before his numerous injuries. Having your kneecap shattered would remove a bit of footballing finesse from the best of us.

Recently, his best, although I believe he still gives it, isn't what it used to be However his touch is still second to none amongst our glut of midfielders. For this reason I think he'll do a good job as a sitting player for Brum.

I'll never forget him doing that little backheel 180 turn (still does that btw) against Sensini then putting his hands on his hips before making a pass. GIRUY Serie A bawbags.

All the best to a true blue.:cheers::rfc::notworthy:

Definatly time for him to close his Rangers chapter. He has been a fine player on his day...for me he was at his best from 1998-2001..he was outstanding in games then and in....2002/03 but thats when also thought he was Mr Rangers a bit too much.

Since coming back as soon as he was handed the captaincy it turned him into a big head and he has been below average most of the time.

Certainly not a Rangers All time Great Captain..but a fine player and nobody will deny that!

All the best to him if he moves on.