GLENN LOOVENS last night broke his silence on last season's Ibrox flashpoint - hitting back at Maurice Edu for branding him malicious.

Rangers midfielder Edu accused the Celtic defender of trying to hurt him during the campaign's final Old Firm showdown which Walter Smith's side won 1-0. But ahead of Loovens' SFA trial on August 7 the Dutchman has warned his rival to stop attempting to make up the minds of disciplinary chiefs.

And in a stiff self-defence of his character, raging Loovens said: "The SFA won't suspend me because I have done nothing wrong.

"What happened between us was an accident over in a split second.

"I know it might look worse than that when you put slow-motion pictures of the incident on television but I know what I was thinking at the time and Edu can't speak for me.

"If I remember correctly Edu played on after we had collided so it couldn't have been that malicious.

"It wasn't a deliberate act designed to hurt another player.

"I've been suspended once in my entire career and I think that says it all about my temperament."

Celtic could ask SFA beaks for a change of date to Loovens' trial because the scheduled hearing comes 24 hours before they play Manchester City at Eastlands in a pre-season friendly and Tony Mowbray's side will be travelling to England on August 7 .

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2009/07/21/celtic-star-glenn-loovens-insists-i-didn-t-try-to-crock-maurice-edu-86908-21536559/

Aye you did ya dirty chunt...............YOU GOT CAUGHT

And in a stiff self-defence of his character, raging Loovens said: "The SFA won't suspend me because I have done nothing wrong.

Who the fuck does he think he is talking like that? I hope you're wrong ya crazy Dutch bastard.

"What happened between us was an accident over in a split second.

Bullshit!

He's taking the piss. He has to be. The whole article has 'lie' wrtitten all over it.

"If I remember correctly Edu played on after we had collided so it couldn't have been that malicious"

What the fcuk has that got to do with it..... it shows that Edu is harder than him the big dutch poof!

Well, I hope he uses this defence in a few weeks and because he doesn't admit his guilt his punishment should be worse.

Nice to see Celtic FC - those bastions of sporting integrity - not disciplining the player for this obvious assault either. Doesn't surprise me when I look back on the actions of Neil Lennon in the recent past. He was rewarded with a new contract and the club captaincy.

Well, I hope he uses this defence in a few weeks and because he doesn't admit his guilt his punishment should be worse.

Do you really think that the SFA will do anything to him? Regardless of his defence. He'll get a slap on the wrist and sent on his way. That's how it goes isn't it? The Celtic way.:box:

Nice to see Celtic FC - those bastions of sporting integrity - not disciplining the player for this obvious assault either. Doesn't surprise me when I look back on the actions of Neil Lennon in the recent past. He was rewarded with a new contract and the club captaincy.

Absolutely spot on. Ra Sellik Way. Does anyone honestly believe if it was two Celtic players caught up in 'Boozegate' that they wouldn't sweep it under that very full carpet of theirs and suspend their players from the first team? Me neither. Boozegate actually worked out very well for us in the end - we showed we will put standards and class over winning at all costs and still managed to win the league. As much as anything else it highlighted how low the bheasts' antics during 2007/08 were.

Nice to see Loovens continuing the Sellick traditions.

Celtc FC - Deflect and deny since 1BBB

He'll get a 2 game ban minimum as per the Ricksen/Young incident several years back....

I dont share your confidence Frankie.

Whilst it is obvious to many that it was deliberate, I just dont have much confidence in the SPL doing the right thing.