THe better quality stream is encouraging, but what the fuck is the commentary all about? No reason for it to be in a foreign language surely???

Aye, the foreign (Danish) commentary was a pain in the hoop. Hopefully just a glitch.

Crikey, it sounds like we played well according to Craig. If WS can continue to use that tactic and play with some flair then maybe he'll turn me into a fan of his. :whistle:

Hopefully will see the goals at some point tonight on SSN.

Maybe I am easily pleased Gav but watching that tonight was a far cry from what we saw last season (and MILES better than the season before).

Tons of movement

Tons of neat little one touch passes

Going backwards and starting again if needed

Plenty of players getting forward

Some great one-twos

Fast paced passing to get the ball forward from defence

Very very little punting of the ball (in fact, I wouls suggest we didnt do that once - there was one occasion I thought we punted the ball but turns out Bogherra picked out Naismith on the far left touchline with a precision pass).

Seriously I thought we played some great stuff.

Defensively though..... some poor defending which could see us getting caught out. Slightly discouraged by the fact we seemed to allow the Man Cuity striker to get free headers when they played the ball from back to front.

But in an attacking sense I thought we played very, very well.

Or maybe it is the lack of footy this off-season that has me thinking I watched a really good performance there.

Maybe I am easily pleased Gav but watching that tonight was a far cry from what we saw last season (and MILES better than the season before).

Tons of movement

Tons of neat little one touch passes

Plenty of players getting forward

Some great one-twos

Fast paced passing to get the ball forward from defence

Very very little punting of the ball (in fact, I wouls suggest we didnt do that once - there was one occasion I thought we punted the ball but turns out Bogherra picked out Naismith on the far left touchline with a precision pass).

Seriously I thought we played some great stuff.

Defensively though..... some poor defending which could see us getting caught out. Slightly discouraged by the fact we seemed to allow the Man Cuity striker to get free headers when they played the ball from back to front.

But in an attacking sense I thought we played very, very well.

Or maybe it is the lack of footy this off-season that has me thinking I watched a really good performance there.

Something your average fan in Britain struggles to appreciate.

The amount of times i've been at Ibrox and half the stadium groan at a ball passed backwards is unreal.

Better to keep the ball and build again than losing possession trying to play a pass that isn't on.

I understand the groans when we are chasing a match, but it happens at pretty much any ball.

For all that fans claim they want to see pretty football, we're not slow in complaining when the ball isn't going route one.

I always felt that if your attack is looking like breaking down you should

a) keep possession and, if needed

b) start again

Example, you are attacking down the right side and the opposition have narrowed that side of the pitch, making it difficult to continue the attack down that side. Rather than send a hopeful ball to the opposite side of the pitch it would be much better to play it back to the defender (preferably a CB and preferably Bougherra over Weir) so that

a) you keep possession

b) you can rebuild the attack from scratch and

c) the opposition will likely revert back to their proper formation, this meaning they are spread out on the pitch evenly.

Main thing being that if you have possession the opposition cant score.

I always felt that if your attack is looking like breaking down you should

a) keep possession and, if needed

b) start again

Example, you are attacking down the right side and the opposition have narrowed that side of the pitch, making it difficult to continue the attack down that side. Rather than send a hopeful ball to the opposite side of the pitch it would be much better to play it back to the defender (preferably a CB and preferably Bougherra over Weir) so that

a) you keep possession

b) you can rebuild the attack from scratch and

c) the opposition will likely revert back to their proper formation, this meaning they are spread out on the pitch evenly.

Main thing being that if you have possession the opposition cant score.

Precisely mate.

I just feel what our fans say they want and their reaction at games are contradictory. (That doesn't read right does it? :confused: Think you'll get the point though.)

I kow exactoy what you mean.

They want pretty football.

They don't want a long ball punt.

Our attack breaks down, we pass it backwards and they complain because we didnt get the ball forward.

The defence does worry me and the thought of LM being used as a backup centre-half frightens me. Personally, I think WS has ear-marked LM to cover the centre-half position if/when Weir gets injured. If we can get another CB in who like Cueller and Boogie is a natural in that position then I'd be very confident going into the new season.

This going backwards to go forward idea is good if there's not an attacking pass on but last season, Davis in particular, when the ball was played into his feet his 1st touch was always back to our goal and more often than not his 2nd touch would be backwards also. This was when there was an option for a forward pass. I think that's what frustrates the fans S_A.

I have no problem with going backward if there's no obvious forward pass on. That's how the european teams do it. Like Craig said, if you have the ball the opposition can't score.

Edit: On a sidenote, this was Adams mistake. He;d more often than not try and ridiculous forward pass when nothing was on in the hope it would come off and the fans would think he was a briliant passer. Sometimes the fans appreciate the easier things.

Edited by Gazza_8

I kow exactoy what you mean.

They want pretty football.

They don't want a long ball punt.

Our attack breaks down, we pass it backwards and they complain because we didnt get the ball forward.

Aye, we (the support) seem to think every pass needs to be a forward ball and get frustrated if we aren't playing it up front quick enough.

The defence does worry me and the thought of LM being used as a backup centre-half frightens me. Personally, I think WS has ear-marked LM to cover the centre-half position if/when Weir gets injured. If we can get another CB in who like Cueller and Boogie is a natural in that position then I'd be very confident going into the new season.

This going backwards to go forward idea is good if there's not an attacking pass on but last season, Davis in particular, when the ball was played into his feet his 1st touch was always back to our goal and more often than not his 2nd touch would be backwards. This was when there was a forward pass on. I think that's what frustrates the fans S_A.

Obviously in that situation I understand the frustration.

I just think sometimes fans aren't appreciating what's going on on the field and get pissy if every ball isn't going forward.

That's not to say that there aren't legitimate times to be frustrated.