Sunday Mail page 93 " Gers stars struggle as fans belt out bigotry" and when celtic are down sound singing there usual pish and knocking kids about and causing trouble its instantly forgotten and allthe media pointing the finger in our direction! whats with the scottish media? anti rangers eh!

You're kidding?! :confused:

I listened to the pompey commentary on radio quay. They had nothing but praise for the travelling bears and the atmosphere they created! even saying would have been better if there hadn't been a roof - cos we were too loud!

And thats what they come away with? People will only see what they want to see. sadly when this is the case in the media it is alot more dangerous...

Printed in the on line version of the Manchester Evening News.

What a nasty set of fans came from Glasgow(?) there was abuse, intimidation, bullying and a downright nasty atmosphere from this lot. A Manchester Pipe band was booed for not 'being' Scottish yet the Irish Tricolore was the most abundant flag in the Celtic end so please tell me Celtic fans what are you Irish or Scottish? There was the most violence I have ever seen at COMS with very very drunk Celtic fans mainly starting trouble because they were not allowed to drink at home fans only pubs. Me,my son and my wife were spat at verbally abused and attempts at intimidation were made because we would not agree that Rangers were the 'Scottish problem'. I hope we never play this 'team' again because our goodwill backfired because we beat this very bitter Klan.

Rodney Marsh's Sideburns, Miami

8/08/2009 at 20:55

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ze=25#comments

You won't read this in the Scottish press:-

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134837

Vermin.

Care to comment on the thread above Gav ? That kiddie CLEARLY has stitches in his head - so his old man clobbered him and not the poor wee wronged Celtic fans.

SCUM - of the highest order. And yet you try to defend them.

Care to comment on the thread above Gav ? That kiddie CLEARLY has stitches in his head - so his old man clobbered him and not the poor wee wronged Celtic fans.

SCUM - of the highest order. And yet you try to defend them.

Re the bold sentence - what a load of shit. Why even type that his old man clobbered him? Absolute nonsense. I don't know what you're trying to prove here Craig with a statement like that.

"Try to defend them?"

Where exactly? All I said was I thought the guy was making his story up, fabricating the truth if you like. I was wrong. Where did I say that the wee boy probably deserved the brick to his head? I hate Celtic fans just as much as the next Rangers man. We all know what they're like.

Man City fans are still cunts. They hate us so why should we defend them? Leave them to live their shite wee lives.

One thing is for sure, the OF fans names are muck down in Manchester. They're not blaming hooligans for the battles in Manchester last year.

Edited by Gazza_8

Re the bold sentence - what a load of shit. Why even type that his old man clobbered him? Absolute nonsense. I don't know what you're trying to prove here Craig with a statement like that.

The bit in bold was tongue in cheek regarding that you stated "I'll take the guys story about his 3 year old being hit with a brick flung by a tim with a pinch of salt." I see it never came across as tongue in cheek, sorry man.

"Try to defend them?"

Where exactly? All I said was I thought the guy was making his story up, fabricating the truth if you like. I was wrong. Where did I say that the wee boy probably deserved the brick to his head? I hate Celtic fans just as much as the next Rangers man. We all know what they're like.

Defending them was maybe a tad harsh by me but... by suggesting the guy was lying it is, in a way, defending the Celtic fans. Not the ones who were involved but generally by saying people were telling lies about them.

Just where did I suggest that you said the wee boy deserved the brick to his head ? I never, not once, suggested you said that. Because I said you defended the Celtic fans ? That is NOT me saying you said he meant it. I am pretty sure I know you better than to suggest a 3 yr old deserves that treatment no matter who it came from.

It is your last sentence here that gets me though. Whilst I admit that many Rangers fans would take this incident as an excuse to bash the Tims I don't. Regarding the fighting that went on it seems one side was as bad as the other. But for ANY fan supporting ANY team to hit a 3 yr old in the head with a brick is SCUM. If it had been a Rangers fan that did it I would say the exact same thing.

Maybe it is because I have a kid not much older than this wee lad that this makes me so irate - trying to put yourself in that little boys shoes for just a second and he would have been absolutely petrified at what was going on - and all he wanted was to go watch his team play footy. To then need stitches because some toss-pot thought he was hard by using bricks as weapons...... WANKERS !

Man City fans are still cunts. They hate us so why should we defend them? Leave them to live their shite wee lives.

If you read what I have posted in this thread you will see that I am not defending Man City fans - it seems as if both sides were at it. I AM defending ONE Man City fan - a 3 yr old boy for fucks sake. I am pretty sure that the 3 yr old hasnt grown enough yet to be considered a cunt so I wont feel too bad about defending him

One thing is for sure, the OF fans names are muck down in Manchester. They're not blaming hooligans for the battles in Manchester last year.

Unfortunately when your club travels and there is trouble the WHOLE fanbase gets tarred with the same brush UNLESS it can be proven that those who caused the trouble were fans of other teams intent on tarnishing the club's name. Neither RFC nor GMP gave a shit about who caused it and made little to no effort in trying to prove who was behind the trouble. So sadly the whole fanbase gets tarred. Unfair ? Of course it is. But that is the way it goes.