Next time you feel ashamed or let down by our support..

99% of Scots who are interested will know eg Gerry McNee is a tim and can discount anything he says as biased - the issue is a dead duck imo.

That's totally wrong. Yes, most of the people who hang around internet massageboards may know that, but there are a huge number of people who don't.

A large section of the community believe what they are told, or are easily influenced.

They even have judges believing that the "Go home" song is racist. That's how deep the influence goes when they get to influence court cases, and people get found guilty of singing songs that they never even sang.

How do you explain the modern day phenomenon of Rangers fans introducing themselves with: "I'm a Rangers fan, but I'm no a bigot"?

Amother good example. This bombardment of the club goes on day-in, day-out and even Rangers fans are influenced by it.

I can't agree with that.

The reputation of the club is such that it can easily withstand the calumnies and brickbats of those whom, I would say, can be shown to be acting out their own adolescent revenge fantasies. Given that in a Scottish context, we know where we stand and so does everyone else - by that I mean, 99% of Scots who are interested will know eg Gerry McNee is a tim and can discount anything he says as biased - the issue is a dead duck imo.

In a UK context, no-one cares. If they did, and there was a sophisticated campaign, I would maybe take it seriously depending on the participants. But there isn't, I doubt there will be, so I remain sanguine.

And I must protest, mildly. Not taking halfwits seriously cannot, by any stretch of the imagination, be described as 'apathy.' I would prefer 'maturity', but of course, I'm biased.

You sound like an intelligent guy Andy - but do you honestly think that the masses are bright enough to put 2 and 2 together the way you and I do ? I dont.

Sorry for not replying sooner; I'm struggling a bit with the 'new post' function.

Agreed on the court ruling nonsense: as you'll know from RM I would see that as a ruling class judgement on those dreadful lower types and all their common ways. The ruling is colossally flawed and, unless the judicial system is too far gone, must surely be overturned on appeal.

I don't know, Craig, if it's a matter of being brighter and/or understanding the matter. I know lots of people who are way brainier than I but who devote a monstrous amount of their time to what is, in the end, a football game. If they have issues with society or tolerance or whatever, they'd be far better addressing those concerns through a more appropriate forum. So I kind of view those who get het up over this, whether bright or thick, as barking up the wrong tree and I suppose I am guilty of lumping everyone in together.

But I don't claim to be omniscient (sp?); these are just my opinions.

This bit from Don Quixote does well for summing it up for me.

"Look there, friend Sancho - there are 30 outrageous giants whom I intend to encounter..."

"Look again sir, those are not giants but windmills, the arms you see are their sails!"

"I tell you they are giants, and if you are afraid then say your prayers...for I am resolved to engage in a dreadful, unequal combat against them all..."

Not word perfect but as close as I can recall it.

Edited by andy steel

Who is talking about saving society?

I hardly think that the club standing up to a few media types is the same as curing all of society's ills.

I know it's hard to justify allowing the press free range at the club and its support but that's streching it a little too far.

Who is talking about saving society?

I hardly think that the club standing up to a few media types is the same as curing all of society's ills.

I know it's hard to justify allowing the press free range at the club and its support but that's streching it a little too far.

I haven't read the full thread, assumed Andy's comments were aimed at the media crusaders. Have I got the wrong end of the stick by not reading it all?

I don't see enemies everywhere but unfortunately certain people who call themselves neutral or unbiased journalists are in a position to influence other people who read their columns and accept them as fact. Certain journalists don't seem to realise that in their fight against so called bigotry, they themselves have become bigots.

As for the saying: No one loves us we don't care, i hate that. I want Rangers football club and fans to be loved world wide.

Thank god i don't have to fight windmills it would be a full time job.:)