Is there any excuse for not clapping the goals?

Even if the game is crap or we should be winning or it's goal 7 in a rout I go mad.

Forget which game it was in pre-season. THink it was one on the German tour, listening to it with my wee brother. Started pumping my fist and shouting yes when we scored against some pub mob from Germany. Before realising what a sad bastard I am. :o Wont change though. I fucking love it! :D

Er, no offense, but this thread is a total non event.

Who gives a fuck if a guy doesnt openly show emotion when we put one by hamilton in the course of a rout? I suspect, like myself, in a situation such as this, he probably took satisfaction from the goal but didn�´t feel the sense of euphoria you get from an important goal against a team of a similar level of skill. We should be bumming teams like Accies at home, no question.

Personally I would celebrate and hug my mates (or complete strangers if it's a big game) like I do every time the Rangers score. but really, come on man, if we're honest is Ibrox is full of maineflyer types who see the glass as constantly half empty and come away from the games with nothing but disdain for what they have just witnessed.

I'll admit the idea is irritates me slightly but I wouldn't go so far as to question whether there is "no excuse" for not clapping.

Who gives a fuck if a guy doesnt openly show emotion when we put one by hamilton in the course of a rout? I suspect, like myself, in a situation such as this, he probably took satisfaction from the goal but didn�´t feel the sense of euphoria you get from an important goal against a team of a similar level of skill. We should be bumming teams like Accies at home, no question.

Personally I would celebrate and hug my mates (or complete strangers if it's a big game) like I do every time the Rangers score. but really, come on man, if we're honest is Ibrox is full of maineflyer types who see the glass as constantly half empty and come away from the games with nothing but disdain for what they have just witnessed.

I'll admit the idea is irritates me slightly but I wouldn't go so far as to question whether there is "no excuse" for not clapping.

When it's a director of the club, and someone who is supposedly a club legend who doesn't bother their arse, then it is a bit of an issue.

If he's not interested in the game and can't be bothered even giving a slight clap then he should look at getting out of the club.

What exactly does he contribute anyway?

When it's a director of the club, and someone who is supposedly a club legend who doesn't bother their arse, then it is a bit of an issue.

If he's not interested in the game and can't be bothered even giving a slight clap then he should look at getting out of the club.

What exactly does he contribute anyway?

I understand your point of view, but do you feel the same way when managers remain stoic when their team scores?

To say john Greig should be looking at getting out of the club cos he never showed emotion when we put one by Hamilton Accies is nothing short of bizarre. A lot of guys of pensionable age dont go nuts when thier team scores. It doesn't mean they don't love their team or take satisfaction from goals. They've just mellowed!

As to what he contributes, we all know it's not much. However you know as well as I do that in Greig's day a career in football didn't set you up for life financially. His "role" at the club was given to him as a gesture of thanks.

He is , after all, widely regarded as the greatsest ever Ranger,.

Maineflyer types ........ ha ha ha ....... that made my Sunday evening. Brilliant. I'm a brand.:D

Listen, it's just that old Ham 'n Egg and me had a wee wager who can do the best Jack Dee impersonation. I won. :cool: