Alastair Johnston interview

Over on RM they're slaying him because he said "um" too often. At least we're a bit more um ....... tolerant.:)

That's fresh. Half of the people on RM can't even speak English. That's not having a dig at that forum btw, because I'm a member over there just like a lot of us here are, but it's a bit rich having a dig at AJ for saying 'um' too many times in his first major press conference as Chairman of Rangers FC. He actually appeared to say it less & less as the conference progressed which is a sign that it was possibly just a touch of nerves.

That's fresh. Half of the people on RM can't even speak English. That's not having a dig at that forum btw, because I'm a member over there just like a lot of us here are, but it's a bit rich having a dig at AJ for saying 'um' too many times in his first major press conference as Chairman of Rangers FC. He actually appeared to say it less & less as the conference progressed which is a sign that it was possibly just a touch of nerves.

Oh surely it's a lot more than half. :D

Very interesting interview!! Looks like Walter Smith's job is safe Norris. ;)

I suspect if it means anything it means Smith will get a contract until the summer, rather than working without one as previously agreed, which does strike me as a tad dodgy in any case.

Over on RM they're slaying him because he said "um" too often.

Tragic.

I'm convinced most of the online Rangers community doesn't really give a toss about the things that really matter regarding the future direction of the club. Far more important to have 10-pagers on new shirt designs and which player you'd name your dog after.

Tragic.

I'm convinced most of the online Rangers community doesn't really give a toss about the things that really matter regarding the future direction of the club. Far more important to have 10-pagers on new shirt designs and which player you'd name your dog after.

A fine point, expertly made. :D

In my opinion I don't think it's that people don't care, I genuinely believe that there is something in the general psyche that leads people to believe that "Rangers are Rangers" and it'll all be fine.

Nobody under 30 will actually remember that we played to very many sub-20,000 crowds in the early/mid 80's and very few will appreciate that very long-term cycles have peaks and troughs.

That is why it is absolutely the time for fans to get off their laptops and get involved in whatever part(s) of the broad Rangers grass-roots movement they believe has the best chance of affecting change.

Things are changing.

UCB, I assume you were at the RST AGM on Sunday as I understand from your previous posts you were being elected to the board.

Given that there were 3 appointments to the board ratified, and one was a re-election, does that make you the young chap going to bring some youth and vibrancy to the board, the former ref who sets Trading Standards on to the club, or have I got this all wrong??

UCB, I assume you were at the RST AGM on Sunday as I understand from your previous posts you were being elected to the board.

Given that there were 3 appointments to the board ratified, and one was a re-election, does that make you the young chap going to bring some youth and vibrancy to the board, the former ref who sets Trading Standards on to the club, or have I got this all wrong??

Neither. :D

Over on RM they're slaying him because he said "um" too often. At least we're a bit more um ....... tolerant.:)

Maybe I should be a member of RM because that was bugging the shit out of me. Every other word was "um".

He spoke well enough but why should we be thinking that he will be any more "out of the box" than Murray ? He has been on the board for 5 years so why were none of his "out of the box" ideas being listened to ? If they were simply being ignored would he really have taken the job ? Would he not have resigned ?

I think he has the right credentials and hopefully he will manage to turn us round but we cant think he has only just walked through the door - he has been there for long enough to surely have had some ideas suggested and acted upon.

We ALL want to think he could be the knight in shining armour and that could be part of the clamour for us to feel that he was "very impressive".

To me he spoke well, was measured and seemed to be open and frank. That is a good start. Nothing more though.