Graham Spiers - 'Cowardly Rangers turn a blind eye to bigotry'

"And if that doesn't convince you, consider this: Ibrox is private property. It belongs to Rangers FC. It's their house. And when you go into their house, you have to obey their rules. If Rangers decide that such language is to be punished, it's their right to do so. Case closed."

So using the above quote from Marcotti.... surely it is then up to Rangers to allow or prevent whomever it likes from saying "F*ck the pope" ?

Mmmmmm, doesnt seem our man is advocating that. Strange eh ?

No, Andy suggested that the club somehow issue a statement on the issue that's designed to make GS look silly & simply bitter after Celtic losing to us, since we've seen the same antics from him several times before after we've beaten Celtic. Suggesting any sort of way to try and discredit the muppet isn't exactly burying your head in the sand & imo would be a better course of action than banning him from the club, hence the reason I said I agreed with Andy so I'm not quite sure why you've dropped me a groan, but thanks for it anyway. :P

You got groaned because I don't think such a passive response will achieve anything. :P

You can say what you like mate. But I reserve the right to disagree (or agree as I have done on numerous occasions). Don't get all precious about the groan/thanks buttons. :P

I'm not getting precious at all mate. :D

Thanks button = Good

Groan button = Bad

Simples... :devil:

Pressing someone to accept your argument because more people agree with you doesn't do it for me. It's neither fortunate nor unfortunate for me, it's irrelevant. Suggesting I'm not humble is equally pointless; I'm used to it after four years on RM, but it doesn't get us anywhere. If you only want posters who meekly proffer some accepted line, decided who knows where, your debates ain't going to be very strong, are they?

Spiers: to ban or not to ban? That's where I check out, because he isn't going to be banned. It's not a case of 'Andy doesn't want to ban him' it's a case of 'he's not going to be banned'; therefore, what's the point in rattling on about it? I wasn't aware accepting reality was arrogant, but then you learn something new every day.

I forget which poster said I was saying two things at once, my apologies. You can't claim dismissing Spiers with a 'yes,yes' type release is giving him the attention he craves. The Marcotti example is a good one. He has some previous in Scottish football, but he's 'national' now and only very rarely dips a toe in our chilly Caledonian waters. Why, then, is he commenting on Spiers and his one man crusade? Could it be to introduce the wider, UK audience to the hotbed of bigotry that is Ibrox? Could it be because, as an Italian, he is outraged by the disrepec' shown to the 'oly Pappa? Or is it because he has seen the spike in interest in an otherwise marginal writer from the regions and fancies a bit of that himself?

Offhand comtempt is my way of dealing with him. If you don't want to do that, I'm not forcing you to.