Nope, I'd imagine if they have consulted Strathclyde Police such details will be kept private for now.

I'm assuming this happened as Edu made his way from the Ibrox Suite or main stand to the primary school car park. Not sure if there are any cameras in this area but would think not.

This is disgraceful that it has happened - and I don't think Edu would make it up - even if he seems quite the attention-seeker at times. It's a shame he felt he needed to publicise the issue but if it helps catch the culprits then fair enough.

He does seem to be something of a poser and the way he leapt to air this in public was at the best ill-judged and at the worst attention-seeking. Does anyone seriously think his actions on twitter will help to catch any culprits, whether they were Rangers fans or otherwise? It may all be as he describes but I'll reserve judgement until and unless something more tangible emerges than Mr Edu's emotions.

Perhaps Edu reported the matter to the club and wasn't happy with their reaction so wanted to publicise it himself?

If the matter reaches the media then it places a bit more pressure on the club (and the authorities) to catch the culprits. I personally feel he should have kept the matter in-house and hopefully he'll realise now just how quickly flippant, honest remarks can be used by those hostile to our club.

Perhaps Edu reported the matter to the club and wasn't happy with their reaction so wanted to publicise it himself?

If the matter reaches the media then it places a bit more pressure on the club (and the authorities) to catch the culprits. I personally feel he should have kept the matter in-house and hopefully he'll realise now just how quickly flippant, honest remarks can be used by those hostile to our club.

Or perhaps he wanted to leverage the club in a way they couldn't resist. Sadly, there are people in this world who use victimhood to achieve personal aims. ;)

I don't think he's that intelligent to be honest... I think he's just a bit naive and needs educated in the ways of the West coast mafia... ;)

I'm sure you're right but it's always useful to explore the less comfortable margins of these affairs.

Whatever actually happened, I can't help seeing a certain parallel with Manchester, where we were accused, tried and convicted before a single shred of evidence had actually emerged.

Who was surprised when, two years later, barely a credible fact had been confirmed and nowhere near as much proved as swept under the GMP carpet. When you look at Manchester in the cold light of day and compare it with a hundred other such incidents, it really was precious little to write home about, other than the fact it was Rangers.

Here we are again with Rangers and the word racist being bandied about like blood brothers - when not one piece of evidence has emerged. Some news programmes are saying it was one fan, others are saying it was two fans, no one has a scooby who they were and they will almost certainly never be identified. No one knows what they did or didn't say, all we have is an apparent spur-of-the-moment twitter from someone who should have known a great deal better.

Meantime, the club has de facto confirmed the abuse took place by condemning it in public when no one at the club seems to have any more evidence than I do, which is none. So another slur has been accepted by the club without any evidence being necessary. The world and his dog are rushing around confirming their personal credentials by condemning racism before knowing for sure that any racist behaviour even took place.

If Maurice Edu is ever found to be manipulating the situation, I hope he is dealt with in equally universal terms. Because this seems less credible the more I think about it.

I can't believe the reaction to this from some posters is to have a go at Edu for being naive or an attention seeker. There's only one response to this, and that's the one the club have done: condemnation and 100% support for an employee.

I can't believe the reaction to this from some posters is to have a go at Edu for being naive or an attention seeker. There's only one response to this, and that's the one the club have done: condemnation and 100% support for an employee.

But it would have been better for the club to have been able to issue this condemnation and support prior to the incident being widely reported first. They can then have a better control over the reporting of it.

This apparently happened outside the ground so is not the direct responsibility of Rangers FC. It is the responsibility of the police to pursue the perpetrator, if there is one. Has Edu made a report to the police? There's been no mention of it amongst all the noise going on.

The club issued a statement for one reason only, to protect the club's image, and quite rightly so. But by the time they could comment it had gone around the world and back again and I imagine the club is furious at Edu's (apparent) decision not report the matter to his employers before placing it on the global airwaves for anyone to pick over. Extremely naive behaviour from Edu, regardless of whether it happened or not, and as yet we have no hard evidence either way.

But it would have been better for the club to have been able to issue this condemnation and support prior to the incident being widely reported first. They can then have a better control over the reporting of it.

I cant be convinced that they would have a better control over the reporting of it.

The club condemned it the first chance they had. Even if the first chance was prior to Edu's twitter post how would that have changed the reporting ?

We know the media in this country are anti-Rangers - you dont think they would have glossed over any statement or action by the club to suggest Rangers fans are racists ?

I am open-minded enough to see how you think the reporting would have been better though if the club had the first chance to deal with this :D