Walter Starts the Fight Back - Time for the Fans to Boycott the Lloyds Banking Group?

Though I do agree with this , at the same time there is no reason for them to play hard ball or put spokes in any deals when they are not treating our club/business as they are treating others . I just hope it is concluded quickly and without too much mud slinging

With respect, you don't actually know the bank is playing hard ball or any other kind of ball.

That's cutting your nose off to spite your face, Maineflyer. The bank has effectively ousted Murray, that's the primary aim achieved - the next thing has to be to get the best man in at the best price. Anything that 'persuades' Lloyds to think more favourably toward a deal has to be worth it, regardless of how grateful you may be that SDM will shortly be history.

Two things........

1. Murray will be gone when he's gone. Until he has sold his shares in Rangers he is still an obstacle to progress..

2. The petition will achieve nothing but to persuade some fans to believe they can influence the situation when in fact they cannot.

Again, don't bite the hand that might be pulling you out of the water.

With respect, you don't actually know the bank is playing hard ball or any other kind of ball.

Quite possibly but I know who I believe and it certainly aint the bank ,very well respected posters who have in the past been spot on with thier info are all saying the same thing , and whatever you may believe about Smith he isn't a liar .

Now whether this is a premeditated plan to put pressure on the bank to play along is another story , just remember back to when Septic were saved the tricks and manipulation used by the Rebels and their media puppets to ensure the deal was done , the very same could be playing out in front of us here .

Why would any possible investor pay �£1 per �£1 of debt when he may be able to get it for 40 , or 50 or 60p in the pound , likewise the banks are hardly going to give the debt away knowing that there is a buyer out there who has obviously done a deal with Murray , that much is very obvious , this is a who blinks first situation , and that's why I believe Smith brought this out into the open.

Quite possibly but I know who I believe and it certainly aint the bank ,very well respected posters who have in the past been spot on with thier info are all saying the same thing , and whatever you may believe about Smith he isn't a liar .

Now whether this is a premeditated plan to put pressure on the bank to play along is another story , just remember back to when Septic were saved the tricks and manipulation used by the Rebels and their media puppets to ensure the deal was done , the very same could be playing out in front of us here .

Why would any possible investor pay �£1 per �£1 of debt when he may be able to get it for 40 , or 50 or 60p in the pound , likewise the banks are hardly going to give the debt away knowing that there is a buyer out there who has obviously done a deal with Murray , that much is very obvious , this is a who blinks first situation , and that's why I believe Smith brought this out into the open.

I think you make really good points rbr, the main one being that everyone is dancing round everyone else right now and no one is showing their cards. However, the bank want a deal to be done, the prospective buyers want a deal to be done, and Murray wants to sell. Only the numbers have to be agreed and it's only to be expected that everyone will be blowing smoke up everyone else's arse until it becomes plain who needs what more than everyone else. It will resolve itself but time is also part of the equation and one that sometimes cannot easily be discarded.

As for Walter and his statements, don't you think there is just a slim chance that he's still saying exactly what Murray is asking him to say?;)

I think you make really good points rbr, the main one being that everyone is dancing round everyone else right now and no one is showing their cards. However, the bank want a deal to be done, the prospective buyers want a deal to be done, and Murray wants to sell. Only the numbers have to be agreed and it's only to be expected that everyone will be blowing smoke up everyone else's arse until it becomes plain who needs what more than everyone else. It will resolve itself but time is also part of the equation and one that sometimes cannot easily be discarded.

As for Walter and his statements, don't you think there is just a slim chance that he's still saying exactly what Murray is asking him to say?;)

Or Dave King , I would love to see Walter as Chairman , I believe he would not allow the press the scope thay have had previously , interesting times , one thing is certain there are a damn site more money men about than there were a few weeks ago

Or Dave King , I would love to see Walter as Chairman , I believe he would not allow the press the scope thay have had previously , interesting times , one thing is certain there are a damn site more money men about than there were a few weeks ago

But if Walter was chairman, who would tell him what to think?

TE=maineflyer;174627]But if Walter was chairman, who would tell him what to think?

Now Now sir , that's a wee bit of a cheap shot dont you think

No, I think it's been exactly the situation for many years. Murray always preferred people who needed to be told what line to take. Every independent view was systematically expunged from Ibrox until no one was questioning anything. It's a bit too optimistic for me to believe Walter Smith is anything but Murray's man.

Now Now sir , that's a wee bit of a cheap shot dont you think

No, I think it's been exactly the situation for many years. Murray always preferred people who needed to be told what line to take. Every independent view was systematically expunged from Ibrox until no one was questioning anything. It's a bit too optimistic for me to believe Walter Smith is anything but Murray's man.

Maineflyer you may be right in your assertion of what happened previously , however considering Murray's achillies heel of personnal critiscism it is not totally unexpected for him to expect total loyalty from his staff and Smith does believe that he owes Murray a great deal for giving him his chance and backing him with the hard cash during NIAR.

That should not preclude Wattie from being an excellent chairman , he has a very good rapour with the media the vast majority stay very much on his good side , also he is not a stupid man and is steeped in the club and what it stands for , he has never been in a position to defend us with any real power so that should not be held against him and pointed very much at Murray and to a lesser extent Bain , a man who really suffers from the Murray effect .