Do you back the Dave King consortium?

Do you back the Dave King consortium?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you back the Dave King consortium?

• Yes, we need a new owner.
    • Yes, in principle but I'd like to know more.
    • No, Lloyds Bank will make the club more efficient
    • No, I'd prefer a single owner
    • Undecided

"However, since 2002, King has been at the centre of South Africa's biggest-ever fraud case. The state have made over 300 charges against the businessman, ranging from tax dodging to extortion and money laundering. Around �£119m of his assets were frozen as he faced a claim for �£183m in unpaid taxes. King strenuously denies all charges, but the case has yet to go to trial seven years since his initial arrest and charge."

If this is accurate, we could end up in the gutter if the charges eventually come to pass and the man is essentially bankrupted.

pointless question as we have no viable information to pass judgement.

Im actually suprised at the amount of fans willing to jump in with two feet and accept the first offer on the table. Our next move has to be a very very good one, something which the current board seem to acknowledge if we are to believe the rumours flying around.

tread with caution and be very careful folks, a newer doesnt nescasarily (spelling!) mean a good owner.

Just look at hearts.

pointless question as we have no viable information to pass judgement.

Im actually suprised at the amount of fans willing to jump in with two feet and accept the first offer on the table. Our next move has to be a very very good one, something which the current board seem to acknowledge if we are to believe the rumours flying around.

tread with caution and be very careful folks, a newer doesnt nescasarily (spelling!) mean a good owner.

Just look at hearts.

Excellent reply, and the bold. There are too many skeletons in his cupboard.

All I want is someone, with money to back this club, to fully support it and give it 100%.

Im actually suprised at the amount of fans willing to jump in with two feet and accept the first offer on the table.

Me too. I'm not comfortable with the idea of Dave King leading a consortium at all at this point & the other worrying thing is that a lot of people seem to think that is the only option when it perhaps isn't. Would it be better to be bought over by a consortium that isn't financially in a position to safeguard the longevity of the club & take things forwards at Ibrox or would it be better to let Lloyds have their way & sell off some players?? I really don't know.

Agreed, I voted undecided and I can't see how anyone can vote otherwise when we know - actually know, rather than gossip or PR - just about nothing.

Btw, it may be a bit embarrassing if the new owner gets done for tax - but it's better than watching him get dragged off to The Hague to stand trial for war crimes!

The most important thing that we need to happen is to get rid of the debt. If a new owner comes in and takes over the debt (see romanov) then we will be no wiser or further forward than we are now.

What i hope to happen is the new owner comes in and clears the debt giving us breathing space and the time to rebuild. There will be no sackfuls of money though to instantly dig us out of the hole we have been in for the last eight years. The squad will be very much the same and ill wager murray park will be playing a very big part over the next few seasons.

We need to clear the decks and get shipshape. It will be a clean break for the board the players and the fans. We have to start again from scratch. And that may be no bad thing in the long run. Even if it means a couple of barren years.

WE WILL EMERGE STRONGER, WE WELCOME THE CHASE!

Edited by gisabeer