No 'Well done Bain' thread?

Yes, it's a very good statement by Bain, but it's something that he should be doing routinely. Have things got that bad that we are now having to praise our CEO for doing something that should just be a standard part of his job?

Ach, he can't win then.

If he came out with that sort of statement every time the tims said or did something typically undignified, he be as bad as them, and have no time to do anything else besides, given 'them'.

These things only have impact if they are done rarely.

On top of that, it's a rare CEO who actually praises the fans, rather than patronising them in order to extract wonga from them. Liewell over the road is the classic example of someone who is always in the papers, banging on about how wonderful TGFITW are, only to then shaft them once again. I'd far rather have a Bain type than a Lawwell type.

Ach, he can't win then.

If he came out with that sort of statement every time the tims said or did something typically undignified, he be as bad as them, and have no time to do anything else besides, given 'them'.

These things only have impact if they are done rarely.

On top of that, it's a rare CEO who actually praises the fans, rather than patronising them in order to extract wonga from them. Liewell over the road is the classic example of someone who is always in the papers, banging on about how wonderful TGFITW are, only to then shaft them once again. I'd far rather have a Bain type than a Lawwell type.

Andy, I'm not suggesting that he says things every time, but he (and SDM) have allowed the support to be slaughtered routinely over the past 5 or 6 years, and they have stood back and allowed it to happen. My comment was more aimed at that side rather than specifically Celtic.

He has also had plenty of other opportunities to praise the fans and not taken the opportunity. For example, I believe that the club received praise from Arsenal on our fans at the Emirates tournament, and the club deliberately hushed it up, and would not have it publicised.

I can't go overboard on the praise of a man who has discriminated against employing Rangers fans in the past.

That's true, but I find myself wondering how much of that was at the behest of SDM, given the speed with which Bain has come out fighting the minute the former is off the scene?

It's not as if I know anything 'behind the scenes' but it's quite an encouraging start in the virtual post-SDM era. We can always hope, anyway.

That's true, but I find myself wondering how much of that was at the behest of SDM, given the speed with which Bain has come out fighting the minute the former is off the scene?

I'm sure some of it was, but not the issue with employing Rangers fan. That was Bain himself.

It's not as if I know anything 'behind the scenes' but it's quite an encouraging start in the virtual post-SDM era. We can always hope, anyway.

Agreed. People do change, and perhaps Bain has grown into the role more than he had in the past.

A quality retort that give very little or no scope for reply.

nice one martin, just a pity the club dont do it more often.

Agree with that - about time there was some defence of the club AND the supporters