If Ngog hadn't dived over the tackle, he would have probably got brought down by it anyway.

I don't think it's so clear cut that it's definitely not a penalty. Where does anticipation of a tackle end and diving begin?

FWIW, I didn't think it was a penalty but I can see why the ref gave it.

I can see why the ref gave it but Ngog was going down even before Carsley's tackle came in. You can anticipate a tackle but there was nothing to prevent Ngog from telling the ref he went down to avoid a tackle but that there was no contact. Of course, that would never happen in the game today.

But the reality is that Ngog was headed down before the tackle even came in. For me anticipating a tackle is about ensuring you dont get seriously injured (an example for me would be Novo avoiding Scott Brown in the OF game when he touched it past Brown and came off his feet to ensure no serious injury). As I say, Ngog was headed down before the tackle came in - I won't ever be convinced that he was "anticipating a tackle" rather than diving.

I am surprised that folks can see this as anything but black and white to be honest. Yes, I can see why the ref gave it, because he was conned. Pretty simple to me.

I always try to look at these incidents in a "what if it were Rangers way" and I have to say that had we been given a penalty against us I would have been outraged. Had we been the recipients of the penalty I would have been embarrassed.