On the morning of Monday December 7th, thousands of Rangers shareholders will again converge on Ibrox Stadium to find out the latest information about the club. Most directors will be there - including new chairman Alastair Johnston and alleged Lloyds Bank stooge Donald Muir - so this will be the supporters' chance to question them on recent events.

Obviously there has been a lot of debate in the media about the current situation at the club. Why did Sir David Murray step down? Is Alastair Johnston really in control? What influence do the bank have on the business? What part does the bleak future of Murray International Holdings play? How will the next two transfer windows affect our team on the park? What happens if we don't qualify for the Champions' League next season? Can the fans own the club? Would Alastair Johnston consider an interim measure to give the support increased representative powers?

We could go on all day here but we want to hear your suggestions...

Get involved and post now. Or if preferred email to settingthestandard@gersnetonline.co.uk

:)

In recent years 30-45mins seem the norm for questions from the floor...

That is nowhere near enough obviously so I'd like to think 2 hours is a more realistic timescale - even if, like you say, that won't be enough.

In recent years 30-45mins seem the norm for questions from the floor...

That is nowhere near enough obviously so I'd like to think 2 hours is a more realistic timescale - even if, like you say, that won't be enough.

I was being a bit facetious with my earlier response Frankie.

The reality, and the brevity, of the situation should be such that the Directors are willing to spend a considerable amount of time discussing the issues with the support.

From the gerspride thread alone we have some believing we are in the mire whilst others believe that all is perfectly well at the club. The club need to make it known what the actual situation is (although I think they have already made that attempt to some extent).

Sorry for hijacking a thread that was for "questions at the AGM".

How about..... based on the club's financial projections how long is the club a going concern without a new owner ?

With the old saying of a week being a long time in politics in mind, any questions raised today have a good chance of being completely overtaken by events come December 7, and could be irrelevant by them.

The only thing I think we can be trying to get organised about, is any questions regarding the accounts, which by rights should be asked during the first part of the meeting when they are put forward for approval.

The likes of Boss etc, should be getting the accounts out (again) and look for anything in there that requires further clarification. I haven't had a look at the 2009 accounts yet, so I'm not thinking of anything specific, but I do remember in the early years of the RST, we went mob-handed to the AGM with all our financial questions aimed at Murray, and waited until the Q&A to ask them, only to be told we were too late as the time for Accounts questions was earlier in the meeting.

Also, these questions should be put in writing to the club in advance, and given fair warning that they will be asked during the AGM.

Perhaps someone who understands the smallprint of constitutions and AGM's can look into this to see if this is viable.

There must be loads of questions regarding JJB, Assets, Outsourcing, that the accounts are not clear about, or that the board should be taken to task about, even from the POV of getting it out there into the open and have the board deny it, or blame Murray for it, as he wont be there.

Questions for the Q&A regarding the bank's influence, MIH etc, are probably left until nearer the time so as to start from a more up to date position.

Good post TB...

I agree some questions may be outdated by December so all the more reason to have as many submitted as possible in the mean-time. Some can be easily altered should circumstances change during the next 3 weeks or so.

:)

No is the answer to that.

Yet the papers were quite happy to state last week that we owed �£9 million for transfers over and above what was disclosed in last weeks financials , the daily mail I think it was