Breaking News: Rangers fans threaten to boycott Lloyds TSB

Good point Bluedell , but does anyone know what remit either the Assembly or Association actually have

The Association are there to represent the supporters clubs that are members. I believe that their membership has fallen over the years, but with John MacMillan in charge, they still have a voice, although it's usually more concerned with ticketing issues etc.

The Association have 2 representatives on the RST board so it's more likely for them to work with the Trust.

The Assembly's objectives are:

Improve Communication/Consultation between Rangers Fans and Rangers Football Club.

Represent the views of Rangers Fans to Rangers Football Club in matters of policy, services and any other pertinent matter

Create a stronger association between Rangers Fans and Rangers Football Club

Reduce fragmented discussions.

Help to grow the Rangers fanbase worldwide.

Help to ensure the long term growth of Rangers Football Club.

The Assembly and the Trust could easily (without looking at their constitution), on the face of it, be amalgamated given that remit.

Indeed, there is a large overlap.

However the Assembly is funded by RFC and is therefore limited in terms of independence and the Trust is funded by its members and completely independent.

More importantly though, the Trust explicitly pursues formal fan representation and ultimately ownership, whereas the Assembly has no constitutionally-stated interest in this. But there is definitely an element of common ground and duplication between these two voluntary groups.

One for the future, hopefully.

Is it just me?,or does anyone else find this all a bit confusing ?, I mean if anybody wants to cancel there accounts with Loyds it would have do been done properly and let them know the reason why, no point in going into your local branch and start telling some poor wee teller why you're doing this.Another thing that's not too comfortable with me is it all seems quite threatening and aggressive, could the bank not hit back?, ie if they are losing money then what would stop them taking the money back that Rangers owe ??, if anyone can understand what I'm trying to say ?? :-]

Indeed, there is a large overlap.

However the Assembly is funded by RFC and is therefore limited in terms of independence and the Trust is funded by its members and completely independent.

More importantly though, the Trust explicitly pursues formal fan representation and ultimately ownership, whereas the Assembly has no constitutionally-stated interest in this. But there is definitely an element of common ground and duplication between these two voluntary groups.

One for the future, hopefully.

Cheers UCB.

However...... you knew that was coming, right.... you still COULD amalgamate them but you would amalgamate them into the Trust :thup:

That would give you the independence from the club you speak of and also can still pursue fan representation.

Amalgamation doesnt need to work one way :thup:

Is it just me?,or does anyone else find this all a bit confusing ?, I mean if anybody wants to cancel there accounts with Loyds it would have do been done properly and let them know the reason why, no point in going into your local branch and start telling some poor wee teller why you're doing this.Another thing that's not too comfortable with me is it all seems quite threatening and aggressive, could the bank not hit back?, ie if they are losing money then what would stop them taking the money back that Rangers owe ??, if anyone can understand what I'm trying to say ?? :-]

I see what you are trying to say Ian and it is valid.

Could easily be seen as too aggressive and push the bank into a corner whereby they say "fuck it, lets call our money in as these punters are closing accounts with us anyway, the PR nightmare has already happened, nothing else to lose".

Could also work the other way to be fair.

I am on the fence as to whether this was a wise decision or not.

I see what you are trying to say Ian and it is valid.

Could easily be seen as too aggressive and push the bank into a corner whereby they say "fuck it, lets call our money in as these punters are closing accounts with us anyway, the PR nightmare has already happened, nothing else to lose".

Could also work the other way to be fair.

I am on the fence as to whether this was a wise decision or not.

Glad someone understood that, because I didn't :)

Cheers UCB.

However...... you knew that was coming, right.... you still COULD amalgamate them but you would amalgamate them into the Trust :thup:

That would give you the independence from the club you speak of and also can still pursue fan representation.

Amalgamation doesnt need to work one way :thup:

:thup: as I say mate, one for the future. Best to keep all useful channels in place right now, every if they are many.