Rangers Annual Accounts Announced

I agree, the debate of last year v 1992 has gone on alot over the past few months.

Murray is correct in what he says... for this topic at least.

Sorry but he is 100% incorrect, as are you. The CL has been revamped quite a few times, the second group stage being dropped 3 season's ago and subtle qualification changes this time. So which format exactly are we talking about?

Either it's the Champions League or not the Champions League. As far as I know, in 1992 it was called the Champions League, as was last season. That makes it a no brainer with not much room for silly semantic arguments.

It's like saying we don't have 51 championships because they were not all the same format.

The whole "first at a different format" thing is totally farcical.

But anyway, why do you and Murray want to twist things to make us look like a less successful club than we really are? Why should 1992 be forgotten and shoved under the carpet just because the format changes every couple of years? Why as a Rangers fan would you do that?

I can see why Murray is doing it - to make last season look like some kind of record breaking one, rather than the disaster it was. It's an excuse, a pathetic one at that - since it is completely false, and nothing else. Therefore it needs pointing out.

Sorry Calscot... im not one for making paragraph after paragraph to back up statements.... cause i cant be arsed. :D

I actually thought he used the word 'revamped' in what he said, but now i realise it was Del who said it.

Well thats what i was meaning anyway, im not taking anything away from what WS achieved with the team in '92..... im just say that stating 'we are the first scottish club to qualify for the last 16 in the new format of the CL'..... is true.

It may indeed be spin but I think most of us on here are familiar enough with MUrray's tactics by now.

By concentrating on the initial text we're missing out on craig picking the bones of the juicy stuff... ;)

Come on craig - get in about it mate! ;)

Actually craig:

It would be good if you could spend a wee bit of time going through the actual pdf and writing an analysis up for the main site. I'll stick it on Newsnow!

If you've not got time, no probs. Just better coming from an expert rather than an amateur like me.

Can you give me a few days Frankie ? I left it in the office last night and my brother-in-law is here on holiday right now (are all 16 year old's lazy bassas ???).

Once I get them out of the way I will pick through it best I can - should be able to get you something next week - is that ok ?

Am actually looking forward to picking it apart