Rangers Annual Accounts Announced

Sorry Calscot... im not one for making paragraph after paragraph to back up statements.... cause i cant be arsed. :D

I actually thought he used the word 'revamped' in what he said, but now i realise it was Del who said it.

Well thats what i was meaning anyway, im not taking anything away from what WS achieved with the team in '92..... im just say that stating 'we are the first scottish club to qualify for the last 16 in the new format of the CL'..... is true.

I agree, you haven't backed up your statements - just repeated the ones I've already countered... and pretty ambiguously too! :D

But you're convoluted final statement just shows you how these contrived "records" are just silly in the extreme and are only useful to people who want to exagerate the significance of something fairly ordinary. The two main culprits in this case are DM and Eck who want us to believe that last season was actually a good one.

PS I'm sure you would be on my side if a Tim was arguing that Celtic were the first Scottish team to blah, blah, blah, in the complex special case of blah, blah, blah, when Rangers had done it before without the stupid special case.

PPS I fully expect us to be the first Scottish team to qualify from the group stages of the UEFA cup but I hope we won't be bragging about it... :rolleyes:

well look at timmy there in loads of debt

they get 10m from the champs league and they have spent it on one player (hessilink) thats the transfer fee and wages

then they are building there new training complex (where the hell are they getting money for that )

ive heard a runour that nike are wanting to call parkhead the nike arena so maybe they will get a few million for that

Just for the record, I disagree, The Champions League is the Champions league and we made the last 8 in 1992/93 :)

i might be wrong... but was it not renamed the champions league a few years ago (last revamp) and was named the euro cup before?

Del.

i might be wrong... but was it not renamed the champions league a few years ago (last revamp) and was named the euro cup before?

Del.

Del, it was the European Cup the previous to our 1992/93 run, the last Euro final was when Barcelona beat Sampdoria at Wembley 1-0 in May 92.

92/93 was the first year it was called the Champions league. They even had the same Champions League theme that year and everytime I hear it it reminds me of us beating Leeds.

:)

Del.

No 1992 was the inaugural season for the CL.

You see this is the problem when people start making up new records when a name and format change is made.

It's basically still the European cup or should we forget about 30 years or so of football history. Have Liverpool won it 5 times or only once? Does that mean Celtic have not won it at all? Does it mean that we'll forget about the great teams that got to the semi final? The cup we've won doesn't exist anymore, does that mean it didn't count?

It's the same with the revamped SPL, do we just forget about the old records?

Let's not consign pre-CL revamp achievements to the bin. We and other clubs in Scotland have done major things in Europe in the past, let's not throw away our heritage.