My point is very simple and has been from day one, Rangers fortunes are, although there are those here who believe otherwise, linked directly to the health of David Murray and through that ultimately to the health of MIH. Nothing will or can happen to expedite matters until the financial situation with regard to MIH is resolved.

Indeed the paper that brought you an exclusive about the "Miami Billionaire" has now decided that there are no buyers any where in sight, the same paper that fabricated countless other stories about the situation. As for something happening the share price as always will be the best barometer, Chinese walls are a figment of the media, in reality people talk even when they know they should not, it is human nature and an easy way to make handsome profits without risk.

There is nothing really complicated about the situation, the Holding company has or had serious debts to be serviced, when the outcome of the restructuring of those debts is known, the effects on all of the constituent companies of the group will become apparent, good or bad.

However my original question stands, the financial outcome will be decided by others, what does the future hold for Coisty and why no clamour for his name in the list of successors to WS, when ever WS goes does Coisty and the backroom staff go also.

I think most people don't fancy McCoist as if Smith is sacked or has to resign due to poor performance (i.e. not winning the SPL) then the rest of the management team will be seen as culpable.

Of course if Smith does win the SPL again this season and decides to retire, then people may be more likely to accept McCoist stepping into his shoes.

Either way, because of the continued financial issues at the club, Rangers will be looking for a cheap option. Those after a Hiddink or a Michael Laudrup are likely to be disappointed.

Nobody has any idea what goes on at training and how influential McCoist is or isn't.

McCoist hasn't done anything to suggest that he would be a great number one at a club. He hasn't done anything to suggest that he qwouldn't eitehr, but given the lack of knowledge, shoutiing for McCoist seems a big risk which we don't have to take.

It should be remembered that Smith had over 10 years experience wwhen he was appointed. MMcoist doesn't have that.

I don't think it's anything personal against McCoist. Most fans would want a manager with a track record. Someone who has never been a manager doesn't really fit the bill.

Souness and Smith were exceptions (although some will contend the rule should have been followed for Walter) as he had an amazing amount of very successful experience as a number two and was highly recommended by both Souness and Jim MacLean.

Souness himself was the new broom we needed at the time but was a far bigger character than McCoist.

Many thought Eck came too early in his career as he was still cutting his managerial teeth.

I suppose Advocaat and Le Guen have shown big names with big track records are no guarantee for continual success.

Ally McCoist in charge is a quite frightening prospect, on so many levels. He is the number 2 in a boring, failing regime. Top players rarely make great managers, particularly for their former clubs. Of course there's the exception eg Guardiola. He has no experience of management. We need someone with experience of managing decent sides. If McCoist is going to become a decent manager then he should start off at a smaller club.

Then again, we're so gash under Smith at the moment that anything else is worth a go. Meh.

I think most people don't fancy McCoist as if Smith is sacked or has to resign due to poor performance (i.e. not winning the SPL) then the rest of the management team will be seen as culpable.

Of course if Smith does win the SPL again this season and decides to retire, then people may be more likely to accept McCoist stepping into his shoes.

Either way, because of the continued financial issues at the club, Rangers will be looking for a cheap option. Those after a Hiddink or a Michael Laudrup are likely to be disappointed.

The sad thing is the manager is one area where we should be prepared to spend quite significantly on, to get a decent candidate. The more we spend on a manager, the more money it will likely make us in the long term. A cheap option isn't going to solve anything. Management is one area where we should be prepared to go over budget. I'd certainly rather have an expensive manager in the dugout than dross like McCulloch, Miller, Lafferty etc.

It's the same with The Scottish national side. They should be prepared to go a bit over budget on a manager because it will pay dividends should it work. Jim Jeffries or Jimmy Calderwood isn't going to turn Scotland around just like McCoist isn't going to turn Rangers around.

Edited by Totti

Ally McCoist in charge is a quite frightening prospect, on so many levels. He is the number 2 in a boring, failing regime. Top players rarely make great managers, particularly for their former clubs. Of course there's the exception eg Guardiola. He has no experience of management. We need someone with experience of managing decent sides. If McCoist is going to become a decent manager then he should start off at a smaller club.

Then again, we're so gash under Smith at the moment that anything else is worth a go. Meh.

Out of interest,who was Babel the Stuttgart manager in charge of before Stuttgart, and the same question regarding the Unirea manager ?