West Ham in for Allan McGregor

�£10m for Green and �£4m for McGregor? Wrong way round i think!

Green has been one of the best keepers in the premiership for the past few seasons.

McGregor is a very inconsistent keeper playing in the SPL. It wasn't so long ago that I'd have rather had Alexander, a championship level goalie, as number 1.

Both Boruc and McGregor seem to make a few good stops and suddenly everyone thinks they're world class. It's odd, Stefan Klos for several seasons was one of the most consistent keepers in Europe and rarely was he touted for big moves away from us. Klos was better than Boruc and McGregor put together.

Edited by Totti

Stefan Klos for several seasons was one of the most consistent keepers in Europe and rarely was he touted for big moves away from us. Klos was better than Boruc and McGregor put together.

Woo! I get to agree 100% with you at last. :spl: Klos is one of the most under-rated goalies, players even, I have ever seen.

Woo! I get to agree 100% with you at last. :spl: Klos is one of the most under-rated goalies, players even, I have ever seen.

Goram says that in his book too..... says that he would have loved to have coached Klos because both of them were height challenged. says Klos was an amazing keeper but he could have made him even better due to them having the same height problem.

Klos was an incredible keeper and very few would have replaced an icon such as Goram the way Stefan did.

Green has been one of the best keepers in the premiership for the past few seasons.

McGregor is a very inconsistent keeper playing in the SPL. It wasn't so long ago that I'd have rather had Alexander, a championship level goalie, as number 1.

Both Boruc and McGregor seem to make a few good stops and suddenly everyone thinks they're world class. It's odd, Stefan Klos for several seasons was one of the most consistent keepers in Europe and rarely was he touted for big moves away from us. Klos was better than Boruc and McGregor put together.

Agreed. Klos was immense, and a gent to boot! Was lucky to have a chat with him following a preseason training session in Toronto.

Maybe its just my ignorance, but I have always thought that for the past 3~5 years England have been a keeper away from being one of the best national sides... being stuck behind the likes of calamity James and Robinson doesn't support what you are saying, especially with the likes of Ben Foster who hasn't looked too convinving at man u sometimes getting the gloves for england. none of them are a chris woods for example.

But as I don't follow the EPL that closely I am willing to change my opinion, as if you go on my logic, marshall is better than mcgregor and alexander...

What, you think United will buy him or get him on a free?

Only my opinion with no insider info, but I think he'll go for free.

He's under contract with us 'til the summer of 2011 & I'm not certain how much we paid for him, so it's difficult to say.