Terrible times indeed. times where tough when we imploded financially and Dicks reign came to an abrupt end. I envisaged a period of transition with blue skies at the end of a very rock road and the club getting back on its feet again. And for a short period of time just after the Uefa cup final i felt a sense of security and well being that i hadnt felt in years.

We had rode the storm and the club was infact getting back on its feet....

or so we thought.

Now as character building goes for the average Rangers fan the period between the advocaat years and the uefa cup final was a grueling exercise that took us all to our most extreme limits. But we saw it through. We never flinched on match days. We were still there in the stands supporting the team. Through thick or thin. Win lose or draw. and we caught a brief glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel.

These are the barren years that bill struth spoke of all those years ago. Without going into the full quote that has become legendary amoungst us fans of the light blue jersey, they were just words that made me proud to be a Rangers fan when i first read them. I didnt though expect to experience the harshness of their meaning, nor did i fully realise the implications of what they meant. wise words indeed and great foresight from our great man. infact i sometimes wonder through these dark times if the old codger had a crystal ball on his desk in the managers office! No other will ever have a greater understanding of what it is to be part Glasgow Rangers football club.

The aftermath of the Uefa cup final was just another in a long line of false dawns but a very pivotal one. It was the moment we actually hit rock bottom, though we didnt realise it at the time. When you get there though there is only one way you can go and that is up. Believe it or not that is where we are heading. It may not seem it right now but we actually are, albeit at a very slow pace. we can only guess at the goings on behind the scenes in the boardroom but i do not doubt for minute that there will be individuals in there fighting tooth and nail for our club. It is in those people whoever they maybe that we must lay our trust.

So we must continue to do what we do best and support the club. we have had our say and vented our anger and frustrations but we have to stay strong and believe that there will be light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how long it takes.

Time to stand up and be counted again im afraid, theres another long rocky road that lies ahead and its no place for the faint hearted. if you thought the last 7 years were bad then you aint seen nothing yet.

This isnt about walter smith. its not about SDM. Its about Glasgow Rangers Football Club, and its somethging we should never forget on the long Journey ahead.

Good words gisabeer, really good words. The trouble is that it IS about Murray and it IS about Smith and it IS about fan apathy and it IS about the RST being hijacked and it IS about weakness and self-interest.

And you're right too that we do need to stand up and be counted but what does that mean? Does it mean protest, does it mean boycott, what does it mean? I'm damned if I know anymore because the few radicals (and I count myself as one) have been ridiculed and discouraged at every turn for a decade.

Personally, I'm growing tired of it all because too many who could and should have helped have actually spent too much of their time protecting the very people who were destroying the club. Now I'm really not sure if there is enough of the club left to be worth fighting for. There are plenty of mouths who will pile a thousand words in a post on a website but act like performing seals at every game. Are they worth fighting for?

The longer this decline has gone on, the more obvious it is to me that this isn't the club I grew up with and these are not the supporters who once stood on our terracing. Maybe something will rise from the ashes yet but what I can see is that it isn't nearly bad enough yet for the average fan to get mildly annoyed, let alone bang the door of Ibrox in protest. And if anyone doesn't think it's worth going to that trouble then you know what, it probably isn't.

Great post and as i learned in the BB

"Will your anchor hold in the storms of life, / When the clouds unfold their wings of strife? / When the strong tides lift, and the cables strain, / Will your anchor drift, or firm remain?