I was just meaning I'm glad his injury has cleared up,mind you is he any worse than Whittacker??

No, you're right enough, he's certainly no worse than Mr Tambourine Man. He's just nowhere near what we actually need though. Bloody hell, we really are in deep, deep shit now.

I don't think Broadfoot is of Rangers quality historically speaking but, generally, he's done OK and has proven himself more reliable than the likes of Whittaker defensively. As such his return to fitness is a boost for this bear who shuts his eyes any time an opposition team attack down our right hand side.

Good to see Ness, Lennon and Loy doing well also.

i think kirk broadfoot is a pretty decent defender. as frankie said, though, i'm just madly excited about the prospect of any venture down the opposition left wing being even 1% less frightening, and kb represents that.

I'll be delighted to see Broadfoot back. For what we paid, in a period when we can't afford real quality, he's a 100% trier and a Rangers man, who has only occassionally let us down - when many voices were saying he would be a disaster.

He's no Baresi, but you don't need a team of superstars to be successful.

I agree and we need all the choice of players at our disposal at the moment. By all accounts Whittaker needs some competition at right back and maybe with Broadfoot there Whit can also give Davis a bit of competition at right midfield.

I agree and we need all the choice of players at our disposal at the moment. By all accounts Whittaker needs some competition at right back and maybe with Broadfoot there Whit can also give Davis a bit of competition at right midfield.

That, of course, relies on Walter Smith having the gumption to drop players who are not performing

I'll be delighted to see Broadfoot back. For what we paid, in a period when we can't afford real quality, he's a 100% trier and a Rangers man, who has only occassionally let us down - when many voices were saying he would be a disaster.

He's no Baresi, but you don't need a team of superstars to be successful.

Very true but to flip the argument, you only get so far with a team of triers. If Broadfoot was in the minority of players at the club who have little footballing talent then your point would ring true but sadly this is not the case. All sides have the odd 'plodder' but we have a squad packed full of them.

That, of course, relies on Walter Smith having the gumption to drop players who are not performing

Or better still, stop playing them completely out of position and put them where they should be. We have many players at the moment who are not performing but its in the wrong position so its hard to judge if it's really their fault.

Or better still, stop playing them completely out of position and put them where they should be. We have many players at the moment who are not performing but its in the wrong position so its hard to judge if it's really their fault.

Wont disagree with that my man.